Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: John Wick 3 trailer

Be good to see Mark Dacascos in a movie again. I've always thought he was really underrated as an action star.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    But the John Wick franchise just seems to get more far fetched with each new release.
    It started out far fetched. You have a choice with John Wick: either accept that it's fundamentally silly but highly entertaining and enjoy it for what it is without expecting it to be deep, or choose not to accept the fundamental silliness, at which point you might as well skip it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    On most issues, I find myself comfortably in the middle of the P-F consensus. But this movie looks like silly and uninspiring.

I like Keanu Reeves, and I respect the work he puts into shooting and martial arts to prepare for these roles. But the John Wick franchise just seems to get more far fetched with each new release.
    That’s kinda the point for me. It’s entertainment. If I wanted real life factual stuff I’d stick with documentaries.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    That’s kinda the point for me. It’s entertainment. If I wanted real life factual stuff I’d stick with documentaries.
    Agreed. People should remind themselves that John Wick is action FANTASY and if they still can't get on board for the ride than maybe they just don't like the genre. No harm. No foul.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Well, when you put it like that, it makes perfect sense. I usually watch documentaries but I do turn to animated shows for escapist entertainment, e.g. Archer, Pacific Heat, etc. So yeah, I can see understand appeal now.
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-22-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Agreed. People should remind themselves that John Wick is action FANTASY and if they still can't get on board for the ride than maybe they just don't like the genre. No harm. No foul.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Wait: so you mean I cant buy a modded Benelli M4, Glock 34 Taran Tactical, Microtech OTF, 14.5” M4 & spare mags for one gold coin?

Darn

Edit: as an Econ nerd I’m glad to say the filmmakers actually thought through the point of the coins. Everything in the Continental costs one coin, be it a drink or a suitcase of guns. This one price policy means merchants have to exchange the coins for money at the terms set by the Continental; as the price is fixed for all goods it removes the temptation for member businesses to take from the till by manipulating the prices. Of course a drink of bourbon costs less then a gold coin, but the assasins pay it because unlike getting a cheaper drink at an airport bar , they can’t be killed at the Continental. It’s the peace of mind tax in action.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 01-22-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Wait: so you mean I cant buy a modded Benelli M4, Glock 34 Taran Tactical, Microtech OTF, 14.5” M4 & spare mags for one gold coin?
    Probably depends on the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Be good to see Mark Dacascos in a movie again. I've always thought he was really underrated as an action star.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List