Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mag extension evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    According to the website, they source Wolff springs. I agree HK OEM mags are among the best out there.

@Jeff Hughes and what happened after the drop on concrete? Is that the reason for the "was very confident"?
    The spring had nothing to do with it. The mag fed 100% through lots of hard use. But the extension design is not bombproof. It was correctly installed, but popped off when it hit the concrete full of rounds.

I've had a few mags with extensions that were reliable until they werent relatively quickly and without warning.

More beans gooder and all but a reliable 13 shot mag beats an iffy 20 round one everyday of the week.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I have heard in the past some people even having issues with oem Glocks +2 when dropped.

Any recent reports about them?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I have heard in the past some people even having issues with oem Glocks +2 when dropped.

Any recent reports about them?
    That issue was rectified years ago with the wedge insert.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I have multiple Glock factory +2's on multiple 9mm and .40 mags, never an issue.

In an already verified good pistol and mags, OEM mag extensions are good for me after a flawless 100-150 rnds or so of carry ammo -- some full mag dumps, some partial, checking out the operation, dropping them fully loaded a time or two in the process. Aftermarket extensions may require a little more prior to my own feeling satisfied with them. It also depends on the gun. Glock stuff I'm not overly worried about. Were I to add extensions to 1911 style mags, I'd probably only use them at the range and never carry them.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Wierd delayed double tap.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 01-20-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    The spring had nothing to do with it. The mag fed 100% through lots of hard use. But the extension design is not bombproof. It was correctly installed, but popped off when it hit the concrete full of rounds.
    On the other hand, I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here who has broken completely stock magazines by dropping them on a hard surface. Being dropped onto concrete while being partially or fully loaded is tough on magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    On the other hand, I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here who has broken completely stock magazines by dropping them on a hard surface. Being dropped onto concrete while being partially or fully loaded is tough on magazines.
    I broke a few of the Beretta “bumper” mag base plates (the kind that comes on the Elite 2). Ironic, as you'd think the bumper would soften the impact.

User Tag List