Thread: Does anyone make a good AIWB for a 3rd Gen S&W?

Does anyone make a good AIWB for a 3rd Gen S&W?

I’ve always loved 3rd Gen Smiths and like a dummy, sold the ones I had to fund other guns. So if I end up picking up another they’re a good chance I’ll end up carrying it at least once in a while. I know of some 3-4 o’clock IWB holsters that made for them, since I had them back then, but haven’t seen any good purpose built AIWB ones.

Anyone know of any?

Quality AIWB holsters are hard to find, especially for the round triggerguard 6906/3913. I quit carrying my 3913 last year when JMCK quit making 6906/3913 holsters. The 6906/3913 holsters he made for me before that were outstanding.

Your best bet is to find a small shop that will make a custom holster. Here is the only mold I know of for a 6906/3913.

https://www.asp-usa.com/products/s-w...nt=40835820612

I believe that someone here posted a while back that Milt Sparks will make the SS/SSII with a 0* cant.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I forgot to mention in my earlier reply that you can get a variety of holsters and mag carriers for a 3rd Gen from PJ Holsters. The best AIWB option is probably this one.

https://pjholster.com/products/iwb

You can specify the cant and add a claw for AIWB. I tried one of these. It might be perfect depending on exactly what you want. The holster did not work for me as well as the JMCK.

User Tag List