Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 3 vs Gen 5 25 yard precision testing - AmmoSquared Youtube

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We have a large sample of Gen 3, 4 and 5 Glock 34 pistols, and the Gen 5 34 pistols are measurably and significantly more accurate than Gen 3/4. All our Gen 5 pistols are quite accurate.
    I shot a Gen 5 back to back with a Gen 2 and the shooting experience was much different and much better with the Gen 5. Less harsh recoil impulse, less fatigue. I think Glock really did an amazing job with the latest releases.

My wife and I will need to do some 100 yard shooting — her with a G5 34 and me with a VP9 and see if we observe this first shot issue.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

We have a large sample of Gen 3, 4 and 5 Glock 34 pistols, and the Gen 5 34 pistols are measurably and significantly more accurate than Gen 3/4. All our Gen 5 pistols are quite accurate.
    GJM, would you say this is due to the pistol itself or the sight radius of the pistol? I know you appreciate a red dot sight on a pistol, as do I. In your opinion is a 19x or G45 with a red dot optic as accurate as a G34 with red dot optic? Thanks for your opinion.
    Last edited by EJO; 01-16-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    GJM, would you say this is due to the pistol itself or the sight radius of the pistol? I know you appreciate a red dot sight on a pistol, as do I. In your opinion is a 19x or G45 with a red dot optic as accurate as a G34 with red dot optic? Thanks for your opinion.
    The difference in accuracy between Gen 3/4 and Gen 5 Glock 34 pistols has been observed with iron sights and a red dot. Before the Gen 5 34, the Gen 3/4 34 pistols were less accurate for us than 17/19/26 pistols, but with Gen 5 all the pistols seem very accurate, as in two inches at 25 yards.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I shot a Gen 5 back to back with a Gen 2 and the shooting experience was much different and much better with the Gen 5. Less harsh recoil impulse, less fatigue. I think Glock really did an amazing job with the latest releases.
    Is the recoil impulse the same with the 19x vs other Gen 5s?

The difference in accuracy between Gen 3/4 and Gen 5 Glock 34 pistols has been observed with iron sights and a red dot. Before the Gen 5 34, the Gen 3/4 34 pistols were less accurate for us than 17/19/26 pistols, but with Gen 5 all the pistols seem very accurate, as in two inches at 25 yards.
    Understood and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Ransom rests suck. Plain and simple. Even under the best conditions the inconsistency is often mind boggling. I wouldn’t consider any results using one definitive no matter what.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do you own one? How many handguns have you tested with a ransom rest? How many Bullseye or PPC matches have you won or competed in?

I know of several PPC champion shooters who have used them for decades for load development with both revolvers and autos.
    Last edited by SecondHandSmoke; 01-17-2019 at 12:05 AM.

If folks who have Gen 3/4 and Gen 5 glocks wouldn't mind posting 25 yard groups with various ammo I would really appreciate the info. I'm not interested in "it's more accurate than I am" type statements. I would like to see some honest targets.

I have a theory that Gen 3 Glocks strongly prefer 147 grain ammo, and Gen 5 glocks have improved accuracy with lighter loads.
    Last edited by SecondHandSmoke; 01-17-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondHandSmoke View Post
    If folks who have Gen 3/4 and Gen 5 glocks wouldn't mind posting 25 yard groups with various ammo I would really appreciate the info. I'm not interested in "it's more accurate than I am" type statements. I would like to see some honest targets.

I have a theory that Gen 3 Glocks strongly prefer 147 grain ammo, and Gen 5 glocks have improved accuracy with lighter loads.
    I'd be curious about this. My preferred 9mm defense round is 147 HST

Here is a 25 yard group.

5 rounds, Standing, Gen 3 Glock 17, 147 Gr. AE ammo

1.35 inch group.

I've seen quite a few sub 2 inch 5 shot groups out of this gun with that ammo.

147 Grain HST shoots similar sized groups (2 inches when I do my part).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SecondHandSmoke; 01-17-2019 at 12:18 AM.

User Tag List