Thread: RFI: Gen 5 Glock .45 ACP models

RFI: Gen 5 Glock .45 ACP models

If someone could query Glock distributors / reps regarding plans for .45 ACP models, it would be much appreciated.

I would not hold your breath.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I asked someone that would know about a Gen5 Glock 21 earlier this week and was told "soon." It sounds like Glock plans to to keep the Gen3 in production for places like California, release everything currently available as a Gen4 in Gen5 for everyone else, and then discontinue Gen4.

I think it will happen, but that it’s probably not imminent. I suspect that Glock sells at least ten 9mms for every one 45.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I would expect to see a .40 cal Gen 5 before a 45 cal if only for the agencies who are sticking with .40 cal.

A gen 5 would be a "single pin" locking block on a .40? Didn't we try that back in the gen 2 and learn that was a no no??
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    A gen 5 would be a "single pin" locking block on a .40? Didn't we try that back in the gen 2 and learn that was a no no??
    Apparently they got it figured out.

I'm guessing the Brazilian popo do plenty of shooting. If there are any issues with them we should be hearing about it soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Apparently they got it figured out.

They figured it out by doing what they should have done in the first place - adding mass to the slide.

The Gen5 G22s the did for the Brazilian police have a G37 sized slide. Several knowledgeable people have previously opined that a G37 with a .40 barrel would be a better mouse trap.

I the Brazilian PD models have a thumb safety but as the MHS / 19x shows it’s not hard to do a commercial version without the manual safety.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-22-2019 at 06:07 PM.

User Tag List