Thread: Long DA trigger press, sliding down the face.

Long DA trigger press, sliding down the face.

In my effort to learn the DA trigger through my Beretta 92A1, I have discovered that my trigger finger has a tendency to slide down the face of the trigger as the trigger travels rearward. Is this normal? Is there something I should be doing differently to make it not happen?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

That’s....weird. That does not happen with me. I put trigger finger on trigger face and press rearward in one, as fluid as I possibly can, motion. Finger does not slide down the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Sounds normal to me. Smooth triggers were preferred by many double action revolver shooters because they allowed movement. When Smith brought out the L frame, their triggers were smooth and not grooved for this reason. My suggestion is to position your finger on the trigger in such a way that the arrangement feels comfortable. Unless your method is disturbing the sight picture, then there should not be a problem. Many old timers including me mastered double action shooting by standing in front of a mirror and dry firing. You can see the muzzle move if you wiggle. Another practice tactic was firing at the 7 yard line, but not exclusively of course. On the Beretta, which I have shot for years, I suggest a straight back pull using a grip that will minimize disturbing the sight picture. I suggest that you avoid praying over the sights--taking too long to shoot. We tend to overthink some aspects of shooting technique, and this is one. Practice for a while and then reflect on your progress.

I forgot to add that I contact the trigger with the first finger joint and not the pad or tip of my finger. I was taught this method which works for me. Having very large hands helps.
    Last edited by willie; 01-16-2019 at 02:01 PM.

It’s normal and for my use is better than if my finger stayed in one place.

For this reason I slightly prefer the black steel trigger to the stainless LTT version

Site Supporter
    https://www.personaldefensenetwork.c...ction-trigger/

This was a pretty decent article on shooting a DAO gun and helped me to improve my DA manipulation when I was running a Beretta

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List