Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Any semi's going full auto experiences?

25 years ago I bought a used HiPower at a LGS, someone had dinked with it, filed, dremeled, etc. but of course there is no felt reset in dry cycling those guns, so I did not detect any problem when handling or dry firing it.

First trip to the range, first shot was a complete magazine dump, fortunately there is a mountain behind and above the top of the berm at that range.

I replaced every piece of the action with new Cylinder & Slide parts, and it was fine after that, but it scared the piss out of me. Cyclic rate was at least G18 or faster...

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    How do you guys feel about the 'ol 25 cent trigger job? Is it likely to cause doubling or make a gun un-drop safe?
    Gen5 guns eliminate the need for 99% of Glock mods, internal or external. The BBI quote in my sig line comes from a thread about them and sums up the issue perfectly.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I bought a Kimber Tactical Pro in 2004. Took it from the counter to their indoor range. Second round of the first mag, it went full auto. Zippered the ceiling down the whole lane. They sent it back to Kimber, and it returned three weeks later. Second round of the second mag, same thing. Took it back to the counter and traded it for my very first G19. I'd like to tell you that was my last Kimber, but I bought a Warrior a year or so later. It ran flawlessly. Wish I kept that one.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-17-2019 at 07:05 PM.

I can neither confirm or deny, however one should never shoot through a chronograph immediately after doing a trigger job.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, a tokarev with a firing on that was frozen from rust partly protruding from the breech.

A second tokarev suffered a similar fate, but was stuck fully forward and prevented the round from feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PensFan
    I’ve seen more than a few Glocks run away. Everyone as a result of DIY “gunsmithing”. I prefer select fire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes

Yes back in 1986, I was on the line with pistol qual, in the marines, and one of the 1911's, was "slam firing". Even after he took his finger off the trigger. But this was an old pistol, that was not gone through.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Baffling that such a stupid rule (in the context of a damaged gun, not a person's error) has never had anyone do something about it. Seriously, people are ok with someone spending the money, driving in with all their equipment, setting aside a day to do a competition just to have to be sent home for no good reason whatsoever? That is some of the stupidest crap I've ever heard.
    If that's the stupidest crap you've ever heard I suspect you don't frequent gun forums often.

Next time they can bring a safe properly functioning firearm, and they won't get a DQ for violating the rules. Nothing says they have to literally go home. I've been DQ'd before for stupid shit I disagreed with and sucked it up and still helped and hung out.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Tangent aside, a few years back I shot a 3 gun match with an M1 and it turned into an M14 at one point. No idea if it was a mechanical issue or sissy me just bump firing the trigger on accident, but the video clearly showed two casings eject and it never did it again.
    Last edited by Peally; 01-18-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

A taurus pt22. Barrel popped open on the last shot and the slide tried to pop off the gun. Went back to taurus 3 times.

They never fixed it completely, though it no longer goes FA (third times the charm!). Now it just ftf's and fte's every 4th round.

This was the gun my mom kept in her night stand for a few years. Thank god she never had to use the POS

User Tag List