Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever see tactics so bad you cringe?

Ever see tactics so bad you cringe?

Ever watch tactics so bad that you cringe?
    I just watched two Loomis couriers load a convenience store ATM with embarrassingly bad tactics.
    On the way into the store they walked shoulder to shoulder jabbering to each other not even glancing into the cars idling in the parking spaces or looking into the glass storefront before strolling through the doors (something I do as a matter of habit so I have some idea of what i'm walking into, and all I'm doing is buying a soda).
    Boxed themselves into a corner down a narrow aisle standing almost nut to butt.
    The "overwatch" had his back to the main doors while the bag man had his head stuffed inside the ATM and anyone entering the doors had the perfect enfilade/skewer to shoot both of them with about a 5 degree transition between head shots.
    We won't even delve very far into how poorly their gear was setup (I guess the ones vitals were from nipples down by the way he wore his armor and he must have arms like an Orangutan as low as his holster was riding).

Seriously guys... I don't expect Delta level training but does no one even watch "Heat" or play "Call of Duty" anymore?

BTW: I usually go somewhere else or wait until they leave before entering a business if I see an armored car or courier because I don't like being anywhere around that tempting of a "target" but these guys showed up after I was already inside.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What is, “That’s what $27,000 a year and a gun gets you for $500 Alex?”
    Last edited by Port; 01-16-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    What is, “That’s what $27,000 a year and a gun gets you for $500 Alex?”
    Loomis pays $27k a year to be a courier.
    Criminal could make $27k in about 30 seconds off of Loomis.

Legit.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

OPSEC: Stopped in a convenience store in a sketchy part of town once just as a car was finishing up a run and getting ready to leave. One of the crew told a bunch of high-school girls standing there that he'd be back every Wednesday around 2:00 PM.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I heard about a dude who shot himself in the dick using a VersaCarry and a Kahr, does that count as bad tactics?

I read this article about the Houston armored car robbers a few days ago and it just made those two guys today really stand out.

If they just rolled up in a dodge caravan wearing skinny jeans and carrying backpack then no one would even know they had cash.

There’s a don’t open carry message in that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    If they just rolled up in a dodge caravan wearing skinny jeans and carrying backpack then no one would even know they had cash.

There’s a don’t open carry message in that somewhere.
    Right! But there’s diminishing returns on even good ideas. I’m sure some yahoo would do the “Good Samaritan” thing seeing a bunch of hipsters in front of an open ATM with cash in their hands!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    OPSEC: Stopped in a convenience store in a sketchy part of town once just as a car was finishing up a run and getting ready to leave. One of the crew told a bunch of high-school girls standing there that he'd be back every Wednesday around 2:00 PM.

Okie John
    SMH. Doesn’t matter how hot she is, if she’s still in high school. And maybe has a banger boyfriend who’d happily rob a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I heard about a dude who shot himself in the dick using a VersaCarry and a Kahr, does that count as bad tactics?
    You could stop before you got to the VersaCarry and Kahr, and it would qualify.

Smiting one's own wedding tackle is always a bad tactic, regardless of technique or tools used.

User Tag List