Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Fision sights

I’ve been happy with the Night Fision sights on my 19X.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The Wilson/HD combination was way off (like 4"-6" @ 20Y) on on of my P30SKs for some reason so I decided to give the Fisions a look to see how their POA/POI worked on that particular pistol.
    After playing around with them I really liked the lower overall profile for carry so I just went ahead and switched all my carry VP's over to them.
    BTW: that particular 30SK is still 4" or so off with the Fisions as well.
    What is it you mean by "lower overall profile"? I was thinking of going HD front/Wilson rear like you had done on my new P30s (I had actually snagged a screenshot of a pic you posted of that setup quite some time ago). These night fisions seem pretty tall. Are you saying they are shorter in height compared to the hd/Wilson or are they lower profile in some other way? Thanks

Bumping to see if anyone has ran the new "glow dome" options? Several front sight colors, a bit more loose dimensions possibly (from looking at the pictures anyway, since dimensions aren't posted that I'm seeing), and the ring glows. Also, are the NF sights shooting behind the dot or top edge @ 25?

https://www.nightfision.com/product/...m-night-sights
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I saw these and talked with their people at the last NRAAM in Indy. They claim to have 30% "more tritium" in their sights. I'm no scientist, but my understanding is that the tritium just emits electrons that make phosphorus glow. I'm not sure if more tritium makes for more glow from the phosphorus. A better mousetrap or just marketing? I don't know.

That said, their sights looked to be well made and available in lots of colors. Their rep told me that trainer Steve Fisher likes the blue ones. They also have square notch and U-notch choices.

Rosco

There aren't a lot of vendors of tritium vials, so I doubt NF has anything different from most other tritium sights. I certainly can't tell the difference in the dark.

Since my last post, I replaced the front NF sight on one of my P-07s with a Dawson 0.190" to zero the sights at 25yds. I like the rear quite a bit, and the NF front was also nicer than the standard Dawson--but accuracy is more important.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Night Fision and Glow Dome

I have Night Fision white outline 3 dot tritium sights on three g17gen5s. The Bold sights didn't work for me as the rear sight vanished against dark targets in transitional lighting conditions and the orange front ring provided less than ideal contrast in certain lighting conditions. I like the white plastic rings used in the standard night fision sights. Great contrast and brightness. Tritium is nice and bright, won't say 30% brighter than anything else as the night fision sights are newer than my ameriglos, trijicons, etc. Nitrided steel to resist my caustic sweat. Held up fine so far (I've had tritium vials pop out of other big name sights)

I ordered 3 of the orange ring glow dome fronts to try. Major disappointment. I'm returning them. Duller and dimmer to my eye. The yellow ring ones may be different but I'm sticking with standard white for now.

User Tag List