Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Fision sights

Night Fision sights

Here's a few pics of the Night Fision sights on one of my VP9's.
    Short, fat but fairly friendly to shirts and skin AIWB (much better than HD's in that regard).
    I really like the colored insert instead of paint, I think it'll be more durable long term (i've had Ameriglo front sight paint lose flakes several times).
    Are you going to get HD XR precision out of them? No.
    Will your T-shirts look like you have a rat infestation? No.

Attachment 34263

Attachment 34264

Attachment 34265

Attachment 34266
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What are their dimensions and how do they regulate on the VP9 and SK?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What are their dimensions and how do they regulate on the VP9 and SK?
    At 20Y POI is right on top of the front sight.
    On 8" plates at 20Y I split the plate in half with the front sight and the bullets hit dead center if I do my part.
    {edit} with 115gr. S&B FMJ and Black Hills 115gr. Tac-XP +P.

According to their website:
    Front width 0.140"
    Front height 0.168"
    Rear notch 0.138"
    Rear height 0.270"
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-16-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I have a similar sights arrangement on my Glock - mix and match TruGlo sights which are pretty thick in the front with a green fiber and a white circle.

They are not the ideal sights for range tricks. But I suspect they are exactly what I need for the likely employment if I ever seriously need them.

It's a bit of cognitive dissonance no doubt, since there's a fair bit of range tricks built into what I do.

On another note, I've come to dislike "high visibility" orange on front sights. For me, they lose their "high visibility" status in too many common lighting conditions. For me bright white remains the best option.

Stumbled across these, but unfortunately no love for the USPc. I prefer 3 dots and was hoping to try out a set. Interested to hear how they work out in the long run. When I emailed CS, they said dot width was .125 and sights were made to OEM specs for POI.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Stumbled across these, but unfortunately no love for the USPc. I prefer 3 dots and was hoping to try out a set. Interested to hear how they work out in the long run. When I emailed CS, they said dot width was .125 and sights were made to OEM specs for POI.
    I think the Trijicon USPc and P2000 HD sights are better than the Night Fision sights all around (except for the paint vs. insert).
    The USPc/P2K HD's don't have the razor sharp overhang like the P30 HD sights do.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-16-2019 at 11:17 AM.

I have looked at them at a shop but have not carried or shot them. To me they seemed really square edges that could become uncomfortable.

Jody H what happened with the Wilson sights and HD front.

I still think the Wilson 2 dot rear with Amber tritium paired with the Wilson green tritium front is the best night sight combo for the vp9/p30s. They regulated nicely with a p30L and 147gr hst.

One could also pair a high visibility front sight if they wished but I never saw the need and I rather have a serrated front then high visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Jody H what happened with the Wilson sights and HD front.
    The Wilson/HD combination was way off (like 4"-6" @ 20Y) on on of my P30SKs for some reason so I decided to give the Fisions a look to see how their POA/POI worked on that particular pistol.
    After playing around with them I really liked the lower overall profile for carry so I just went ahead and switched all my carry VP's over to them.
    BTW: that particular 30SK is still 4" or so off with the Fisions as well.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-16-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Night Fision sights

I like the NF sights on my P-07. They have a nice tight notch, and the front isn’t too wide. The rear doesn’t rip up shirts either. These are what HDs should have been.

With 147HST they are POA at 10 yds and 3” high at 25. That’s identical to the CGW/Dawson sights I have on another P-07. I’d prefer POA at 20yds but I can live with that.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-16-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    For me bright white remains the best option.
    These Truglo tritium only sights are perfect if you like a white outline (but don't want a XS golf ball).

Attachment 34274

User Tag List