Thread: Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 vs Primary Arms ACSS 1-8

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 vs Primary Arms ACSS 1-8

I am running an Aimpoint pro and magnifier. But I am looking for something with a little bit more range. Weighing out the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 vs the Primary Arms 1-8. I get pretty good pricing on Vortex optics and can get it almost $100 less than the P.A. ACSS 1-8. However, I feel like the ACSS reticle is a better option. Anyone have any experience with the Primary Arms 1-8?

Site Supporter
    I've been pretty impressed with the Primary Arms FFP 1-6x models, but I don't have any trigger time on a 1-8x yet.

Personally, between the two I'd go for the Primary Arms offering.

They're both the same SFP optic from the same overseas factory and glass with the same warranty. It comes down to which reticle you like more.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by victran View Post
    They're both the same SFP optic from the same overseas factory and glass with the same warranty. It comes down to which reticle you like more.
    They are the same basic optic from the same factory but that does not mean the glass and more importantly the coatings on the glass are the same.

Honestly if the OP gets a discount on Vortex, PST II 1-6 is a big step up in quality for not a lot more money.

User Tag List