Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beretta, I screwed up bad. Who can fix this?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    FWIW: If you need to remove a dovetailed sight and don't care about saving it, just cut a slit down the middle of it with a dremel. Just don't go too deep and in to the slide. That will relieve the pressure and it'll tap out.
    Done that! Specifically when installing the 10-8 NM sights on this Colt Commander. The factory rear was such a pain in the rear that I sliced the fucker in half and just pulled out pieces

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gunsmiths need to eat too.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

I can’t tell you how many AR’s I’ve fixed where a traditional “gunsmith” tried to do something.

The good ones are much fewer and further between than they should be.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Welcome to the club!!. Your recovery was expertly done. One CZ clone brand has such tight sight dovetails that not even a famous gun tech will replace sights on the brand. That's what he emailed to me. Yours sounds as if it is this tight. Some sight movers will not bulge these babies. Congratulations of the good job.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Don't know of a good one in the entire state of New Jersey. (How do you screw up a Glock sight install?!?!) My guns go to Virginia for almost everything.
    Real guns have hammers.

My gunsmith put my PX-4 slide in the freezer with it turned down as cold as it would go overnight before he installed the Trijicon HD sights ib ut.
    Last edited by Johnny Bravo; 01-20-2019 at 03:24 PM.

I got tired of having to pound the snot out of (especially front) sights to get them in. You watch big name guys or manufactures on YouTube and they are just tap-tap-tap into place. I think Ted Yost even just uses a piece of hard (really hard) exotic wood. So I finally splurged on the 60 and 65 degree safe edge files Brownells sells.

Of course this just presents the opportunity for an alternative error, now instead of having bent up sights in the pistol I have a handful of sights on the bench that will take a big blob of red Loctite (or perhaps a dab of JB Weld) if I ever end up using them...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-20-2019 at 03:45 PM.

User Tag List