Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HALO NEUROSCIENCE HEADPHONES

HALO NEUROSCIENCE HEADPHONES

Has anyone purchased and used these things for anY length of time?

https://www.haloneuro.com

I first heard of them in JJ Racaza’s course as a supplement to aid in deliberate practice for competition shooting. Max Michel has promoted it and Dr. Seth Haselhuhn (sports psychologist with GreyHive) says they are legit.

I’m skeptical and thought it would be difficult rigorously test it vs placebo effect.

But curious.
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 01-15-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

I can't find any actual published science that supports the concept of "neuro priming" (actually the appropriate term is probably "cortex stimulation") that appears to work better than placebo in this realm.

Cortex stimulation is not a new conceptual idea, and stimulation of the motor cortex has been used to treat neurological pain. And yes, it can create "hyperexcitability" of the cortex. But that actually means very little, since the motor cortex is not solely response for muscle memory and motor control. More importantly, clinically, where are hyperexcited cortices most often found? In patients with Alzheimers and ALS. In other words, people who have hyperexcited cortices have lower function in other areas of the brain, areas critical for memory formation and retention and fine-motor skills.

So, yea, maybe it makes you stay a little more on task by hyperexciting the motor cortex, but the end result might be reduced brain activity outside of the motor cortex. By no means am I suggesting that this device will give you Alzheimers or ALS (I'm not), but I am suggesting that there is no free lunch. The brain is an extremely complex organ, in fact it is the most complex organ we're aware of. Given our limited ability to image it accurately and very minimal ability to understand the complex networks of neural pathways - I'd not advise anyone to fuck heavily with cortex stimulation, until substantially more (and long-term) clinical studies have been completed.

And while I absolutely respect athletes for their tireless dedication to their craft, let's just be clear, athletes are not neuroscientists, or doctors, or biologists, they're athletes. And they already sit on the outlier end of the spectrum for human performance anyways. Nothing is going to give you superhuman abilities or make a couch potato into an athlete.

Most folks are probably best helped by hitting the gym for an hour of cardio and weight lifting every-other-day, not consuming caffeine after 4pm, and getting enough damn sleep.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-15-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'd not advise anyone to fuck heavily with cortex stimulation,
    So I shouldn't use these to neuroprime before sex?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    If you can't stay focused for those 90-seconds; then you've got a lot of other problems that probably won't be solved by Halo Neuroscience Headphones either.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-15-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you can't stay focused for those 90-seconds; then you've got a lot of other problems that probably won't be solved by Halo Neuroscience Headphones either.
    It looks like it makes people better at sports, I was hoping it would help me think about baseball.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

When I saw it way back when it seemed like placebo snake oil. Reminds me of kinesiology tape, it has its users and a lot of random assumptions behind it.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

It looks like it makes people better at sports, I was hoping it would help me think about baseball.
    You're supposed to close your eyes and think of England.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You're supposed to close your eyes and think of England.
    Not the whole country. Just the Queen.

If you believe that they will help you, they will be of tremendous benefit, we are talking near true believer status. If believe they are scam, you probably get zero true benefit out of them. Since you had to ask and are trying to make an informed decision, you should probably pass.

I personally would put that in the category of placebo effect, however, that's not a bad thing. People are there own worst enemies, if they believe something is unattainable they will thwart themselves. If people believe that placebo will work and dedicate themselves to the task at hand, they will get a tremendous benefit. (I fully understand that not all of us can be astronauts)

It's like the DA/SA conundrum threads on here. People read about how difficult it is to shoot DA/SA, they decide that it's difficult, and they manifest problems. They will change some ridiculous aspect of their shooting, and not have problems, not because the solution actually works, but because they believed it would work and focused on being fundamentally to make it work.
    Last edited by txdpd; 01-16-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List