Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus G2C -- pleasantly surprised

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Posts like this are more interesting to me than someone letting us know their V9, Glock 19, M&P etc. made it through a 2K round test.

Not because Taurus is a serious option , but it’s something different. If I had plenty of money, I would do reviews of all the low end budget pistols I could find. It would be more of a fun thing vs a serious thing.
    That's more the less why I picked one up. I just wanted to see what the G2C was about. I've got 500 rounds through it. It wasn't perfect but the last 150 rounds there haven't been any issues. I did polish the chamber and switch to a Lakeline Stainless recoil to get there though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    Props on "gripping hand"

I know too many people at work enamored with SCCYs and Taurus and other low-end pistols. Yeah, I had a Taurus once; I bought it because I had little money (fresh out of college, no shooting background beyond BB guns) and really didn't know any better at the time. And torture-testing some would be fun too, if I had unlimited funds.
    A friend of mine owns a SCCY someone gave him. I shot it to make sure it worked. It does, but if I never shoot that little beast again, it'll be too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If you can afford it, shooting the crap out of crap guns is a worthy research goal. The usual rejoinder of the fans of the derp tier to criticism is that one is just a gun snob.
    Having actual honest scientific data from a 2k test to show them wrong is a good thing.

But on the gripping hand, most fans of derpy gear aren't ever really convinced by things like "data".
    Properly testing a brand of pistols to statistically valid standards requires a substantially larger logistical investment then one gun and a 2,000 round crate of ammo.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Properly testing a brand of pistols to statistically valid standards requires a substantially larger logistical investment then one gun and a 2,000 round crate of ammo.
    Yes it does. But the more data available, the better.

And, if one shoots derp tier guns, there's a good chance that they will be shooting more than one single gun, if you factor in the warranty replacements.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The history of the G2C, or technically the PT111 which appears to be its god awful version one predecessor, is rather interesting to say the least. As mentioned in the OP, I haven't followed Taurus in a while (probable a couple of decades) so all of this is, quite literally, news to me. Purportedly, the G2C addresses the issues plaguing the PT111 (e.g., a keyed striker lock which would randomly engage by shooting firearm??? what the actual hell?)

The only thing I have to go on is the one sample and it was solid for those 350 or so rounds of decent quality ammo,, and I was indeed pleasantly surprised that it a) functioned flawlessly, and b) shot very well once acclimated to the rather unique trigger. It absolutely needs some better sights. Compared to the G27.6x (G27 with 9mm conversion with 15rnd mags/xgrips) the G2C held its own well enough for that range session.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    This is pistol-forum.com.

If someone wants to shoot a 2000 round test on a pistol and report back the results, that's a good thing.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is pistol-forum.com.

If someone wants to shoot a 2000 round test on a pistol and report back the results, that's a good thing.
    It’s not a statistically valid test. It’s an evaluation of a single pistol. Not a bad thing- but let’s call a spade a spade.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Damn. I forgot about this:

* The pistol cannot be cleaned, lubricated, or maintained in any way during the entire 2,000 round test period.
    Will the medication required to treat the never before seen levels of neurosis generated by firearm cleaning OCD actually disqualify from having the pistol in my possession? This will be a major challenge for both shooter and shootee.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Will the medication required to treat the never before seen levels of neurosis generated by firearm cleaning OCD actually disqualify from having the pistol in my possession? This will be a major challenge for both shooter and shootee.
    Nope, got to learn to love running it hard and putting it away wet.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    The erudite among us will enjoy reading and studying within the Taurus forum. Age has diminished my mischievous side. Were that not so I would join and troll there. There are two pretty and smart young ladies who post there. I wonder if........???

User Tag List