Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taurus G2C -- pleasantly surprised

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Not to be the guy that simply restates a portion of the OP or completely changes the subject (that guy is a douche), but [douche]the SD9 series of pistols continue to be my favorite budget-friendly pistol option.[/douche] They are routinely available for under (sometimes significantly under) $250.
    I may have sold it because the niche was filled and I didn't really use it, but my SD9 was a hell of a lot of gun for how cheap they are now.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    As I've yammered/blogged about about before on p-f, the venerable P89 is actually a quite good pistol in its own right. Tam was a bit more critical about its ergos than I am, but her end results speak volumes, and concur with mine. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....onal-Ruger-P89

If you can find a P89 in semi-decent shape (and they seem to come in about 2 varieties for resale: Quite nice and seemingly dragged behind Bubba's pick-em-up on a gravel road), I'd jump on it if you want a quality DA/SA.

Best, Jon

I've shot several variants of the Ruger P Series over the years and owned a P90 briefly, years ago. They aren't something I'd go looking for today, but they are indeed a "hell and back" kind of handgun.

Taurus? I won't even touch a Taurus for fear of contracting some kind of flesh wasting disease.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 01-18-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I may have sold it because the niche was filled and I didn't really use it, but my SD9 was a hell of a lot of gun for how cheap they are now.

Years ago, I bought an SD40 because it was highly recommended by a good friend, a gun smart retired LEO, who told me to just "shoot the shit outta that gun." I had never shot a Smith and Wesson semiautomatic, took his advice and was impressed. It became my "nightstand back up gun," a second gun stashed in an accessible place if somehow I became separated from my "primary nightstand gun." I can't remember ever having an issue with that firearm. I sold it because, if memory serves, someone offered me more than I paid for it. Of course, my hindsight, like everyone's, is 20/20 and I now wish I hadn't.

I still have the remains of a Sigma SW9VE from way back -- early 2001 I think. A little less updated than the SD line (which I still mistakenly call SV because I'm old and deteriorating), but a solid pistol anyway. It was also a nightstand pistol before Dad and his Alzheimer nuttery sneaked in, remembered the safe combo, stole it, and destroyed it shortly before he passed. That was in 2011. He never did reveal what on earth was going through his mind when he decided to do that. I should just toss it because it could be illegal in its current form (though completely non-functioning) but it's like a strange connection to him. Anyway, it had several thousand rounds through it at the time of its untimely demise.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Damn. I forgot about this:

Will the medication required to treat the never before seen levels of neurosis generated by firearm cleaning OCD actually disqualify from having the pistol in my possession? This will be a major challenge for both shooter and shootee.
    Your Taurus’ll bite the dust long before it’ll get dirty.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Your Taurus’ll bite the dust long before it’ll get dirty.
    That cracked me up. If so, I'll move on to the Canik TP9SF Elite and see if I can destroy that one as well.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    I have a G2C on the way. It might be the best selling gun locally and a friend who is a Kydex bender said it's his best selling holster. I know multiple people who got them for Christmas and plan on using them in classes this year.

I don't have any personal interest in the gun but since it's popular I'm going to put up the $155 and shoot a variety of shit through it. I'll post in the 2000 round challenge thread. It might take a bit to hit that round count because my ammo budget is tight at the moment and I don't want to put much of it toward a fucking Taurus.

User Tag List