Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reconsidering AIWB... Suggestions?

Mulled it over some more and just placed the order for the 17 length. Amazon Prime has spoiled me though, having to wait for things to process and ship... the nerve!

We'll see how it works out...
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

You won't regret it. Tony's stuff is awesome.

My biggest suggestion is to try out different wedge positions. With my JM 2.5 I like the wedge angled alot. On my Keeper for a 92 I run two different wedges, and they're softer material. It might take a bit to make it work for you. Dont try to copy the masses.

-Cory

You made a good choice... when I carry Glocks I run 19s in 17 length AIWB holsters and JMCK is the best I’ve ever used... I’ve lost count of how many 2.5 holster for different guns I’ve purchased.

For those running a 19 in a 17 length holster, would you buy a “19L” if Glock made one, or do you still prefer the shorter slide?

My Claw 2.5 is for a Beretta Compact / Centurion. I can honestly say that I’m maxed out on length (don’t get to say THAT too often ), and a full size 92 holster wouldn’t work for me, I don’t think.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    For those running a 19 in a 17 length holster, would you buy a “19L” if Glock made one, or do you still prefer the shorter slide?
    I made my own, so yes I’d buy one. But I carry my 19’s in a 19 length holster. The progress with claws and wedges eliminates the need to run longer holsters IME. But you might prefer it anyway, and preference is a huge factor in selecting your holsters. If everyone suggests something it’s probably a good overall choice, but maybe not the best choice tailored to you.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I made my own, so yes I’d buy one. But I carry my 19’s in a 19 length holster. The progress with claws and wedges eliminates the need to run longer holsters IME. But you might prefer it anyway, and preference is a huge factor in selecting your holsters. If everyone suggests something it’s probably a good overall choice, but maybe not the best choice tailored to you.
    As someone with over 120 holsters, I can certainly agree.

You made a great choice, OP. JMCK is top notch. Good choice on the length also. Carrying a G23 in a G17 length Wing Claw 2.0 right now, it's perfect.

I see no reason for a gadget though.

Site Supporter
    I hope it works out for you. I have a couple of JMCK holsters, but I never was able to get their AIWB to feel comfortable. I admittedly haven't tried the new stuff, and it is very possible with their adjustability you won't have any issues. Personally the only AIWB holster that I can get to comfortably fit is the JRC AIWB CDA II. They are expensive and have a long wait time, but they have enough adjustability that any one can find a comfortable setting. So far they are the only holster I have been able to comfortably pack a full size 1911 or G17 with. I will say that most of my issues with AIWB is due to my food blister, but the CDA II allowed me to over come even that obstacle.

So the holster arrived today, a day early. Initial impressions:

I couldn't get the DCC clips to work (yet) - - they're very tight and I didn't want to tear up my belt. Swapped for the pull dots for now. Those were the very devil to sbap the first time but I figured out the trick--get the bottom in first, then rock it to snap the top. Not sure if the clips will work around a certain belt loop or not yet.

Adjusted to ride as high as possible, it conceals great. Wore a shirt that likes to print; no printing issues and my wife had no idea. The dot loops still poke out a bit but that'll work itself out.

Sitting down, the issue isn't jabbing my leg or other parts, but my ribcage. Still a bit of fine tuning to do.

It feels odd with the gun there but I'll get used to it.

Holstering and drawing is going to be an issue at first. Specifically, I'm a rather hairy dude and I keep catching body hairs between the gun and the holster (ouch!). And when I did a few draws for testing, I kept getting handfuls of hair. This wasn't an issue on strong side but my front has a lot more hair. I think the answer may have to be an undershirt of sme kind because I'm not shaving.

Got a nice solid click into place, which is nice coming from a hybrid. Draw is good too.

In all, I'm excited to start doing draw and and fire drills next week and start carrying with it. Assuming all goes well a G43/48 holster will probably follow.

And I hate typing on my phone...
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    I think the answer may have to be an undershirt of sme kind because I'm not shaving.
    Aww, com'on! Shave, why doncha?

Sincerely,
    Your Friends at Gillette

User Tag List