Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Electronic Ear-Pro $80-120

Best Electronic Ear-Pro $80-120

I’m leaning strongly towards HL or Peltor. What are the best quality from the two companies, in the $80-$120 price range? These will be my first pair, so I’d like to make a smart choice.
    What’s your suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I’m leaning strongly towards HL or Peltor. What are the best quality from the two companies, in the $80-$120 price range? These will be my first pair, so I’d like to make a smart choice.
    What’s your suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    HL then invest in upgrading to gel ear cups. Worth every penny.

https://www.amazon.com/Noisefighters...eight+gel+cups

A pair of Pro Ears or Sordins for $200.

I bought a pair of Peltor Tactical Sports a few years ago. They work great. The only thing I would add is the Gel ear pads. Let's you wear them all day. And helps seal around your glasses.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have had two Peltors for several years, and have been happy with them. The only other electronic ear protection I have are Sordins, and I have not yet worn them to shoot, so I do not have much basis to compare them to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    HL then invest in upgrading to gel ear cups. Worth every penny.

https://www.amazon.com/Noisefighters...eight+gel+cups
    Damn that’s awesome. Solves the Chief issue I have with my HLs which are otherwise awesome value for the money.

OP Either of those you selected should work great. I have experience with HL but see a lot of folks recommend Peltors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have the HLs and a pair of Walker Game Ear Quads. The latter has better sound and is more comfortable, but is too bulky for rifle/shotgun use. The HLs due to their lower profile are better for long guns. I just pulled the trigger on a pair of the gel cups for the HLs. I may end up with a set for the Walkers if they work well on the HLs.

Chris

Site Supporter
    I have several pair of Peltor ProTac III muffs and like them a lot. They have two models, 21 NRR and 26 NRR. The 21 NRR model compares to the HL muffs many seem to like but they fit much better for me. Both ProTac III models can accept the same optional gel inserts and I highly recommend that option. I use both the 21 NRR and 26 NRR models for different purposes.
    Last edited by Robinson; 01-15-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Site Supporter
    That price point 80-120, is a bit of a no mans land IMHO. I would go with a set of foam plugs and the basic Howard Leights at 50 ish or step up an buy the Sordins with Gel at 200+.

You can't put a price on your hearing, raise your target price.
    I had many pairs of electronic ear pro.
    Howard Leight Impact Sport, Walkers Game Ear Quad, Pro Ears Gold & MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X.
    They never seemed to reduce the sound the way I would of liked.
    I must admit the MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X were the most comfortable I have ever worn.
    I bought a pair of Pelter Sports 500. I liked them so much I bought a second pair as a spare.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4m0pCCDhZo
    The only problem is the headband, it will irritate your head.
    You need to buy a head wrap for them which did the trick.
    https://www.originalsoegear.com/prod...-headband-wrap
    Hope this helps.
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." - Jeff Cooper

User Tag List