Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Presidential Nominee 2020 Thread

I don’t see Harris lasting. She just seems too low-energy. She also doesn’t seem that bright to me.

Warren seems determined to out-Progressive the most Progressive member of her party.

Haven’t seen much of Biden, he still seems to lead in the polls, last I checked.

They all seem focused on the Nomination; which makes sense. The problem for the D Party is the eventual nominee will be a great choice for the far left of the Party, but has to move back to the center to appeal to enough R and I voters in enough swing counties in enough swing states to win the White House.

Personally I see this election as much much tighter than I believe the average D thinks. Beating Trump is not going to be a slam dunk; and I get the feeling that the D’s think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Personally I see this election as much much tighter than I believe the average D thinks. Beating Trump is not going to be a slam dunk; and I get the feeling that the D’s think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you are right.

BUT, in 2016 about half of people in the moderate 20+% held their nose, said: “At least he’s not Hillary”, and voted for Trump. After 4 years of daily insults to their intelligence, I suspect that they are going to be much harder to convince.

This next round cannot and will not be won solely by Trump playing to his base.

Also of concern: The “Minister of Propaganda” role is wearing thin. The numerous legal corners he has backed himself will constrain his options. The administration’s infighting, incompetence and turnover is literally a joke. This “Wall” nonsense compounded by the Gov’t shutdown has become an albatross. Trump Fatigue will become an increasingly real factor.

All the D’s have to do is get a moderate candidate through the primary process, one who is not too deeply flawed. The far left will automatically vote for this candidate. The moderates will vote for the candidate whose stench is least offensive. After 4 years, Trump will be pretty ripe.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 02-01-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I am a time traveler. I will tell you now, after all the looney lefties are weeded out in the primaries, that it will be Biden/Klobucher, and they will lose spectacularly to Trump in the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    I am a time traveler. I will tell you now, after all the looney lefties are weeded out in the primaries, that it will be Biden/Klobucher, and they will lose spectacularly to Trump in the general election.
    I honestly don't see Biden emerging. I think his time is past...

(...but I've been wrong before.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

And Corey Booker aka Spartacus throws his hat into the ring...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/u...oker-2020.html

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I honestly don't see Biden emerging. I think his time is past...

(...but I've been wrong before.)
    Blues, you are correct about the second part of your statement, Biden's time is past. But that won't stop the Dems from nominating Creepy Joe after all the other nuts are pruned from the tree......

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I think you are right.

BUT, in 2016 about half of people in the moderate 20+% held their nose, said: “At least he’s not Hillary”, and voted for Trump. After 4 years of daily insults to their intelligence, I suspect that they are going to be much harder to convince.

This next round cannot and will not be won solely by Trump playing to his base.

Also of concern: The “Minister of Propaganda” role is wearing thin. The numerous legal corners he has backed himself will constrain his options. The administration’s infighting, incompetence and turnover is literally a joke. This “Wall” nonsense compounded by the Gov’t shutdown has become an albatross. Trump Fatigue will become an increasingly real factor.

All the D’s have to do is get a moderate candidate through the primary process, one who is not too deeply flawed. The far left will automatically vote for this candidate. The moderates will vote for the candidate whose stench is least offensive. After 4 years, Trump will be pretty ripe.
    My estimate of “20%” moderates who might be convinced to vote either way MIGHT be greatly overstated. If you look at the consistency of Trump’s approval (or more accurately disapproval) rating, and the super-narrow band of yellow in the middle (~5%), it doesn’t look good.

My current bet it that this is the D’s race to lose.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...pproval_rating
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I hope Booker gets the nomination... that will be a hilarious campaign. And in the end, Trump would win.

Was watching Fox today, and they had a panel discussing Booker’s announcement. The only positive thing that was said about him was that he was the only Newark mayor to leave office without being indicted. Big accomplishment! [emoji106]

Same guy tried to argue he made Newark better... with canning officers and violent crime rising 30%. He tried to explain how it went down, then back up... like it really made sense.

But when it comes down to it, his main endorsement was Senator Menendez... yea, that will get him far.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I hope Booker gets the nomination... that will be a hilarious campaign. And in the end, Trump would win.

Was watching Fox today, and they had a panel discussing Booker’s announcement. The only positive thing that was said about him was that he was the only Newark mayor to leave office without being indicted. Big accomplishment! [emoji106]

Same guy tried to argue he made Newark better... with canning officers and violent crime rising 30%. He tried to explain how it went down, then back up... like it really made sense.

But when it comes down to it, his main endorsement was Senator Menendez... yea, that will get him far.
    I'm sure he'll get T-Bone's endorsement as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Good God. Who is running this woman’s campaign?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/polit...ion/index.html

User Tag List