Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Presidential Nominee 2020 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I went from getting a healthy return to owing a small amount.
    That is what I always aim for.

I can do more with the money rather than allowing the Fed to hang on to a refund (which is actually an over-payment) for 12 months.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post

Just because you did not get a refund as big as you thought does not necessarily mean the tax cut didn’t help your overall situation ......as likely as not it simply means you didn’t properly manage your withholding on your checks during the year. You are probably not going to get both extra money on your checks AND a big fat tax refund too.....
    It is almost like there would be those who would like to capitalize upon such ignorance...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Never heard it put that way but I think you're right. They tried real hard in 2016 to lose and all that hard work paid off.

I have no idea who they will try to pass off as presidential in 2020. I don't think we have seen all of the hopeful contestants yet.

Should be fun.

My question is who the GOP is going to run? Are they going to stay the course with Trump? I don't think he has the numbers to win. 40% won't get him reelected and that's been proven too many times. No wall, no Trump.
    News Flash: Trump’s Wall only matters to the 40% who will vote for Trump no matter what, Wall or no Wall.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I have a feeling Sharrod Brown will sneak in for the VP spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from getting a healthy return to owing a small amount.
    You cannot judge the Trump tax cuts by your refund, is your adjusted gross income larger than last year? You have to use the total tax burden on your agi to determine whether it effected you positively or not, it also matters what tax bracket you fall into low, middle etc. I will also say that I had about 6k less in deductions this year as I was able to claim my 2018 property taxes on my 2017 return so my refund would've been even larger than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    I have a feeling Sharrod Brown will sneak in for the VP spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As a fellow Ohioan, I shudder at that thought.

Simply hearing his voice elicits in me the very same feeling that I suspect that I would experience were I to chew on aluminum foil while shaving my head with a cheese grater.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    You cannot judge the Trump tax cuts by your refund, is your adjusted gross income larger than last year? You have to use the total tax burden on your agi to determine whether it effected you positively or not, it also matters what tax bracket you fall into low, middle etc. I will also say that I had about 6k less in deductions this year as I was able to claim my 2018 property taxes on my 2017 return so my refund would've been even larger than it is.
    I understand that - just commenting on the difference between my return alone from this last year to this year.

I do think that on the aggregate the smaller return will sour public opinion on the the 2017 tax cut. Our brains highly incentivize immediate gratification, and people will get much less of that this year, regardless of the overall change to their individual tax burden.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 03-06-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    IRS screwed up with new withholding tables. Before employers were withholding more with old tables. If you look at percentages you paid less tax this year generally. You just paid more this year at tax time because of the withholding screw up. I personally don't use my tax return as a savings account or ever expect a return. I pay what I owe and move on. Nothing to see here except a Trump ballooning deficit.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-06-2019 at 11:41 AM.

I understand that - just commenting on the difference between my return alone from this last year to this year.

I do think that on the aggregate the smaller return will sour public opinion on the the 2017 tax cut. Our brains highly incentivize immediate gratification, and people will get much less of that this year, regardless of the overall change to their individual tax burden.
    True dat. Day be pissed.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-06-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    News Flash: Trump’s Wall only matters to the 40% who will vote for Trump no matter what, Wall or no Wall.
    Yep, they're dug in tighter than a tick.

I was on another forum this morning that's run by a Trumper and he keeps deleting my posts, called me a troll and threatened my existence there. Heck, I vote for GOP and libertarian, never dem. I own semi-auto rifles and carry. Do the NRA and SAF thing too. They just don't want to hear the rolling thunder in the distance. Iwo Jima all over again.

Trumps running neck to neck with Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford, all presidents we loved and admired. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo I'm thinking by the time the election rolls around he'll still be running submerged. Could be wrong.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-06-2019 at 12:25 PM.

User Tag List