Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Presidential Nominee 2020 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    We need better than bumper-sticker solutions, from both sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I would love for Howard Schultz to run as a Democrat.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    I would love for Howard Schultz to run as a Democrat.
    He was on 60 Minutes this evening flirting with an independent run. If it happens, it would be the best thing to happen to Trump.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Looks like Kamala's team is trying to put the Willie Brown problem out there so it can be swept under the rug. "Oh, we've been through that."

Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker. -Willie

Maybe they can fool Bernie into playing along again and he can exclaim at a debate "I'm tired of hearing about her damn Willie!"

In other "news" that isn't, Hillary still doesn't rule out 2020, according to Rolling Stone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    ...In other "news" that isn't, Hillary still doesn't rule out 2020...
    Well, not that she knows all the reasons that she lost, she can now run and win.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    In other "news" that isn't, Hillary still doesn't rule out 2020, according to Rolling Stone.
    Best case is that's she's trolling to increase speaking and book fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Well, not that she knows all the reasons that she lost, she can now run and win.
    Her new slogan?

Vote for me or I Will Kill You All.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    He was on 60 Minutes this evening flirting with an independent run. If it happens, it would be the best thing to happen to Trump.
    Ill be honest I would totally start buying coffee at Starbucks if that happened.

Site Supporter
    Many candidates run to set themselves up for other positions (in the Cabinet, other appointed agencies, run for Senate or Governor), being a lobbyist and/or getting to be a blathering idiot on a cable channel - depending on what blather you sell.

Funny comment on Trump's tweet denouncing the Cliff Sims book - Sims is saying: Thank you Jesus for 50,000 more sales on Amazon!

However, it flops quite a bit. Here's a take on Julian Castro. https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-castro-223963

There are legit analyses that Stein sunk Hillary.

Here's one on Mister Coffee https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...tz-2020-224382

Schultz is ignoring what Trump, Bloomberg and Ronald Reagan all came to understand: Under all but the most unlikely of circumstances, an independent run is the triumph of arrogance over wisdom. If he wants to be president, he should win the Democratic nomination first.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-29-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Democratic Presidential Nominee 2020 Thread

Holy moley when NBC News pans your proposal, you have a real problem lol:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-tried-n963971

“Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., has made a splash with her plan for a "wealth tax" on the super-rich, a major break from typical Democratic proposals that target income, investment gains and inheritances.

While wealth taxes aren't a new invention and a handful of developed nations currently have them in place, they are on the decline: The number nations that are members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development with a wealth tax dropped from 12 to four from 1990 to 2017, according to a report by the organization last year.”
    Last edited by RJ; 01-30-2019 at 07:27 PM.

User Tag List