Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Presidential Nominee 2020 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Agreed, and I expect that will change.

I don’t see the D candidate ignoring WI this time. And the D get out the vote campaign will get a big push to the AOC crowd.

Question for y’all: when Trump gets impeached in 3 to 5 months (my guess) will that help or hurt the D candidates?
    Depends if they can actually run on something that speaks to the American people that isnt countering Trump. Once the cheeto is gone you better have something of substance.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Depends if they can actually run on something that speaks to the American people that isnt countering Trump.
    What would that ‘something’ be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would that ‘something’ be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hell if I know, Im not one of the voters the dems like to ignore every election.

If i had to take a shot at it I would focus on jobs, health care, reduction in federal programs, and taxing the rich because trickle down economics is a load of shit.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Well, yeah, when you put it like that lol...

Idk about Warren. Maybe? She has a bit too much ‘nasty’ in her (her word, not mine) for my liking. Perhaps if she works on her electability. The ‘Pocahontas’ thing is going to hurt.
    It should hurt - she exploited a fiction for her professional and political benefit.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by AZgunguy View Post
    If Mueller had something we would have heard by now. As it is, Mueller's team has called the BuzzFeed story on Cohen "not accurate." So that's gone too.

And am I the only one who is disgusted by the "investigation" into Trump? Last I checked, law enforcement is supposed to investigate crimes, not people. And before you say, collusion, that's not a crime listed in any federal statute.
    Mueller lets information out when Meuller has all his ducks lined up. If he had something and wasn’t ready to release it, no, you would not have heard it by now. Mueller’s team calling the Buzzfeed story inaccurate is an example of Mueller being a straight shooter, regardless of how the chips fall. That’s how he and his team roll.

Based on Trump’s behaviors with respect to Russia/Putin, and lies (TrumpTower), I’d say there is a better than average chance that Putin has leverage on Trump as a result of Trump’s long-standing business dealings, not to mention the Miss Universe ‘13 pageant. Hell, Putin could have exposed the Trump Tower issue at any time, and didn’t. Why? Because Trump was favoring Russia and that’s how Putin, a former KGB agent, rolls.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-20-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Question for y’all: when Trump gets impeached in 3 to 5 months (my guess) will that help or hurt the D candidates?
    Bill Clinton reached the highest approval ratings of his entire Presidency immediately after his impeachment.
    The D's will get absolutely crushed in 2020 if the House votes to impeach.
    The one way they can absolutely guarantee a Trump 2020 win is to attempt impeachment.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Democrats only hope in 2020 is a fresh face without the Clinton or Obama era baggage but the rigged super delegate system won't let them.
    I bet Biden, Harris, Castro, Beto are the "Final Four" players for Pres/VP nomination.
    Harris/Castro would be the smart play but I see the super delegates sticking with a known loser and trying a Biden/Beto ticket.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Mueller lets information out when Meuller has all his ducks lined up. If he had something and wasn’t ready to release it, no, you would not have heard it by now. Mueller’s team calling the Buzzfeed story inaccurate is an example of Mueller being a straight shooter, regardless of how the chips fall. That’s how he and his team roll.

Based on Trump’s behaviors with respect to Russia/Putin, and lies (TrumpTower), I’d say there is a better than average chance that Putin has leverage on Trump as a result of Trump’s long-standing business dealings, not to mention the Miss Universe ‘13 pageant. Hell, Putin could have exposed the Trump Tower issue at any time, and didn’t. Why? Because Trump was favoring Russia and that’s how Putin, a former KGB agent, rolls.
    Your name fits because if you believe this bullshit, you really are batshit crazy..........

Google "Mueller Investigation leaks" and you'll find plenty of times information has leaked out. All of the leaks designed to hurt President Trump, so if they had something on him, it would have come out.

Your second paragraph is so full of erroneous information, it's hard to know where to start. Keep drinking the Kool aid and waiting for the indictment.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgunguy View Post
    Your name fits because if you believe this bullshit, you really are batshit crazy..........

Google "Mueller Investigation leaks" and you'll find plenty of times information has leaked out. All of the leaks designed to hurt President Trump, so if they had something on him, it would have come out.

Your second paragraph is so full of erroneous information, it's hard to know where to start. Keep drinking the Kool aid and waiting for the indictment.
    My handle may be GuanoLoco, but I'm not the one in denial...

Wikipedia: Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections

In a testimony on February 13, 2018, before the Senate Intelligence Committee, the heads of the top six American intelligence agencies unanimously reaffirmed Russian interference. Three sources familiar with Trump's thinking told CNN he remains unconvinced that Russia interfered because it suggests he did not win the election solely on his own merits.[35] As of June 2018, at least 11 Trump associates or officials have admitted to having contacts with Russians during the campaign or transition.[36]
    Mueller's indictment of 13 Russians (GRU) for interfering in the 2016 elections

COUNT ONE
    (Conspiracy to Commit an Offense Against the United States)
    1. In or around 2016, the Russian Federation (“Russia”) operated a military intelligence agency called the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff (“GRU”). The GRU had multiple units, including Units 26165 and 74455, engaged in cyber operations that involved the staged releases of documents stolen through computer intrusions. These units conducted large scale cyber operations to interfere with the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
    Video excerpts from Trump/Putin meeting at the Helsinki conference

Do I believe:
    (a) the heads of our top intelligence agencies, testifying under oath, with consequences of perjury and permanent career damage,
    (b) Trump - who has a clear agenda of self-interest and zero credibility, or,
    (c) Putin, whole policy and lifelong expertise and goal to undermine western democracies though well-orchestrated campaigns of interference, lying, denying, coercing and compromising?

It sure isn't the latter two. Ask yourself: WHY has Trump repeatedly sided with and provided coverage for Putin/Russia?

----

Now, back on subject. I go through my mental list of potential Democratic candidates and really can't decide which I dread the most. I think they are most likely to use someone like Beto that has quite a bit of inexplicable and IMHO largely unwarranted popular appeal, combined with a female, preferably a minority. Which is President and which VP is anyone's guess. I predict that I'll be choosing between Trump and an equally dire but radically different alternative.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-21-2019 at 12:14 AM.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List