Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Russia/Trump plan to undermine the USA.
    More US military spending
    Booming US economy
    Booming domestic energy
    Getting friendly with Poland and the Czechs

That's some brilliant Russian 3D chess.
    Wait....
    Isn't all that how Reagan drop kicked them back in the '80's.
    I would suggest reading something about Reagan, the Reagan Doctrine, NATO, Russia, etc. then comparing and contrasting his leadership style to Trump. They literally couldn’t be any less aligned.

Ronald Reagan strongly believed in the democratic alliance and strongly supported NATO. He would be outraged, scandalized and disgusted that an American president is viewed by democratic allies as a danger to, not a leader of, the free world.

Reagan strongly believed that Western democracies should join together in their common defense against the threat posed to American and European freedom by Russia. Reagan would be outraged and contemptuous of any American president who repeatedly undermines and divides the NATO alliance.

Reagan believed that a major source of our security and a statement about our values is our close friendship and democratic alliance with our neighbors — Canada and Mexico. He would be appalled, angered and disgusted by Trump’s repeated insults and attacks against our democratic neighbors.

Reagan believed in tough trade negotiating but would be outraged and scandalized that Trump threatens a global trade war against our strongest democratic allies in the world.

Reagan believed that Russia posed a significant threat to American security and would never offer praise to a Russian dictator who is attacking American elections.

Reagan believed that Russian aggression against democratic nations poses a danger to Western security and democracy. He would be sickened that any American president could would threaten to withdraw large numbers of troops from Europe, where they are stationed to defend Europe from Russia.

Reagan believed in protecting the sovereignty of nations from Russian attack. He would be outraged that any American president could even consider recognizing the illegal Russian annexation of Crimea.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/national...ocratic-allies

Your posts are degrading in quality and the discussion is becoming dull. Try harder.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 01-22-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Your posts are degrading in quality and the discussion is becoming dull. Try harder.
    I've been sucked into wrestling with a pig...
    I won't make that mistake again.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Democratic Presidential Nominee 2020 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    My extremely liberal sister wants to see Amy Klobucher run. I don't know anything about her. I would imagine, though, the Dems will for sure nominate a woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Klobuchar
    Never heard of her until reading this link.

A Dark Horse for sure. Although attractive to Progressives being another female, I’m not sure she has enough National name recognition. And a Senator from MN really doesn’t influence as many Electoral Votes (10) as someone from say Ohio (18) or Florida (29).

Maybe in 2024.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-22-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Never heard of her until reading this link.

A Dark Horse for sure. Although attractive to Progressives being another female, I’m not sure she has enough National name recognition. And a Senator from MN really doesn’t influence as many Electoral Votes (10) as someone from say Ohio (18) or Florida (29).

Maybe in 2024.
    https://www.vogue.com/article/amy-kl...ator-interview

She seems to reasonable to ever get the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    To answer you - yes, I did. The “help” described that the Russians giving Hillary was actually attempts to undermine her, which would obviously favor trump. Muslims for Hillary? Sharia Law?

The better question: Did you read *and comprehend* the referenced article?
    Gee, I wish someday I could be as smart as you and know everything so I can explain it to the little peons......

Hope you picked up on the sarcasm, but with your ego, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've been sucked into wrestling with a pig...
    I won't make that mistake again.
    He's good at that.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twain

As the OP, do you guys mind my asking you a personal favor?

Could we keep the discussion on Democratic nominees?

Please?

The reason I started the thread was to track what options might emerge from the D Party next year. I think this is a pretty important topic. I would kind of like to stick to that discussion.

Thanks, I would appreciate it.

"Buttigieg is a Rhodes scholar who was first elected mayor of his hometown in 2011 at age 29, making him the youngest mayor of a U.S. city with at least 100,000 residents. A lieutenant in the Navy Reserve, he served a tour in Afghanistan in 2014."

https://www.apnews.com/b6a09c1f2a0646a7b68b3091873279a5
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    "Buttigieg is a Rhodes scholar who was first elected mayor of his hometown in 2011 at age 29, making him the youngest mayor of a U.S. city with at least 100,000 residents. A lieutenant in the Navy Reserve, he served a tour in Afghanistan in 2014."

Shrug?

I read the link, but it says virtually nothing about his positions on the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

I was gonna guess JAG or Intel. Intel.
    #RESIST

User Tag List