Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When you save a victim - Jayme Closs

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Wisconsin does not have the death penalty.
    We are severely fucking lacking there. There are enough hand wringing pushover assholes in this state to prevent actual justice from being carried out in that fashion regardless of the severity of the crime. They'd rather I lose my income to pay for their safe keeping for life.

I'm glad she managed to get away. Maybe we'll luck out and a concerned citizen will grease the oxygen thief and have an understanding judge. Best case scenario, he gets his head caved in in prison as previously mentioned.
    Last edited by Peally; 01-14-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Well, here’s hoping that, when the asswipe gets shanktified, the jury recognizes the “he needed killin’” defense.

On a related note:

https://fox59.com/2019/01/14/man-con...n-prison-cell/

Shame so much of society has "progressed beyond" the death penalty and the legal system has made it the entire process a labyrinth of who knows the minutia of procedural rules the best vs if the SOB is guilty or not and we wink-wink-nudge-nudge abdicate this responsibility to other prisoners.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Best case scenario, he gets his head caved in in prison as previously mentioned.
    I respectfully disagree. I think best case scenario is many very large cellmates with poor hygiene take a very large interest in his personal space for many decades. And then cave his head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I think best case scenario is many very large cellmates with poor hygiene take a very large interest in his personal space for many decades. And then cave his head in.
    My initial thought is, "Yea, that'd be great punishment."

But then I remember that the taxpayers of Wisconsin, guys like @Peally and @Guerrero are going to be footing the bill for this guy's food, housing, transportation, education, medical care, and even appeals for the rest of his natural life. He is 21, that could be 60, 70, even 80 years. Meanwhile Jayme Closs will have to live the vast majority of her life knowing that this guy is alive. Being afraid. Having nightmares that he might escape or that his convinction(s) might be overturned. She'll spend the majority of the rest of her childhood and a goodly portion of her adult life dealing with our Byzantine-esque "justice" system, constantly reliving her parents deaths and the torture of her time in captivity with this inhuman garbage stain. That makes my blood boil and no amount of torture in prison is worth continuing to torture Jayme in life.

I've never really talked about this, but my wife was very good friends with a girl who was brutally murdered by her step-father when they were both 11-years old. Though my wife did not witness the crime, it had a big effect on her then and throughout most of her life, as well as the lives of her closest friends (they grew up in a small town of less than 10,000 people). It took another 11 years for the man in question to be put to death. My wife and I began dating several years before her his death sentence was carried out. She would, about once a month, wake up from a nightmare about the event. In 2009 they executed the man and my wife's nightmares stopped, peace. No more fear. Her friend's family were also at peace following this too (they remain close family friends and were in attendance at our wedding). I learned, first hand, how these traumas can affect the people closest to them and it made any remaining reservations I had about the death penalty (which were few) shrink into non-existence.

Sudden, abrupt, death is the right answer for inhuman monsters - the sooner it is carried out, the better.

RR,

All very valid points, and I'm glad your wife is doing better now. I'm exceptionally pro capital punishment btw, but with the notoriety of this case, I'd bet money he's not long for this world. Much like Dahmer. There will be an "oops".

Fun fact: In December, there were as many posters for Chris Kroeze hanging around Barron as there were for Jayme Closs.

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice/credit...5/chris-kroeze
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    On a related note:

https://fox59.com/2019/01/14/man-con...n-prison-cell/

Shame so much of society has "progressed beyond" the death penalty and the legal system has made it the entire process a labyrinth of who knows the minutia of procedural rules the best vs if the SOB is guilty or not and we wink-wink-nudge-nudge abdicate this responsibility to other prisoners.
    There is always hope for the future, it just won’t look like we think it will.

Name:  8AF63F17-0B80-47BE-89B1-D416C631D496.jpeg
Views: 340
Size:  40.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There is always hope for the future, it just won’t look like we think it will.

Name:  8AF63F17-0B80-47BE-89B1-D416C631D496.jpeg
Views: 340
Size:  40.9 KB
    This didn't anything to me in the Meme thread, either.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    This didn't anything to me in the Meme thread, either.
    I think Kondo is the Japanese queen of of personal organization. Her shtick is to get rid of anything that “does not bring you joy.”
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I think Kondo is the Japanese queen of of personal organization. Her shtick is to get rid of anything that “does not bring you joy.”
    Yup. Her show is on Netflix if anyone wants to check it out. I watched about 5 min, then FFed through some more. I'm not really into that sort of show, so I stopped there.

Chris

User Tag List