Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock sight survey

Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    AKA - Drive the Dot.

It's also how I shot most of my Berettas.
    And my preferred sight picture for just about everything out to 25Y.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Ameriglo Bold/Agent sights. Drive the dot @ 25Y with 124gr. practice and 124+P carry ammo
    Last edited by MSparks909; 01-14-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Those of you shooting Gen 5 Glocks, would you please reply with what sights you’re using (heights and widths if you know them please) and what hold you’re using for hits at 25 yds (tops of blades, drive the dot, 6 o’clock, etc). Thanks!

I really wanted to use the Dawson Adjustable Tritium sights on these, but
    1. They’re going to require .360 high fronts to regulate and that’s too high for a couple reasons (holster compatibility and offset over distance)
    2. After carrying them IWB all day Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday I’ve got a nice cut going on my side, even with using an undershirt. No bueno.
    Here is an adjustable rear sight I didn't now existed until a minute ago. Price seems low for an adjustable. I haven't found info there prescribing front heights needed for this rear. https://warrentactical.com/product/g...le-rear-sight/

Tritium adjustables available here. ATL based btw. http://stores.kensight.com/glock/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Ameriglo Agent sights. .200 high front, .140 front width. POI splits the top edge of the front sight at 25 with 147gr G2.

Ameriglo .256Tx.130W rear paired with a Proctor .180Tx.117W front gives a drive the dot hold at 25 yards with 115 gr. fiocchi and AE on my G5G19.

G19-5. Whichever height of Ameriglo Bold sights come standard on the SKU that comes with Bolds from the factory. Drive the dot at 25y with 115gr and 124gr. Have not tried any 147gr.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Glock 26.5 EDC
    Rears - Standard Glock Night Sights
    Front - Ameriglo Pro-Glo Tritium Orange 0.180" high, model GL-212-180-OR-C

https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...tritium-fronts

Glock 19.5 USPSA Gun
    Rears - Defoor Steel black (standard Glock rear sight height)
    Front - Ameriglo Pro-Glo Tritium Orange 0.180" high, model GL-212-180-OR-C

Both of these sight pairs are PoI=PoA for me with a Drive the Dot (put orange dot on target, press trigger) sight picture out to 25 yards using Federal HST 147 / Speer Lawman 115 / AE 124 FMJ.

Student
    G45 carry - The factory Ameriglo Bolds shot a bit too low for me, so I switched the front post out for a thinner and shorter ProGlo front (GL-212, .180H x .125W).
    G45 trainer - After shooting with the stock plastic sights and liking the results, I wanted some Ameriglo Classics that were similar in height (GL-113).

My hold is drive-the-dot on both of them.
    Last edited by Yung; 01-15-2019 at 06:02 AM.

G45, 779: Ameriglo TCAP front (.120W x .165T, GL-212-165-120-Q) paired with Ameriglo Black Steel Rear (.150 notch x .256 Tall, GL-400). Hits POA=POI tops of blades at 25yds (115gr Fiocchi).

G45, 648: AmerigloProGlo front (.125W x .180T, GL-212T-180-GRC) paired with Ameriglo Operator Rear (.150 notch x .256 Tall, GL-146R). Hits POA=POI tops of bladed at 25yds (115gr Fiocchi).
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Here is an adjustable rear sight I didn't now existed until a minute ago. Price seems low for an adjustable. I haven't found info there prescribing front heights needed for this rear. https://warrentactical.com/product/g...le-rear-sight/
    The Warren adjustable rear somewhat resembles the Dawson adjustable except it has a wide notch and rounded corners. The Warren will probably take a .300" to .325" tall front.

User Tag List