Thread: Building up a Brownells Glock slide...sight questions

Site Supporter

Building up a Brownells Glock slide...sight questions

I'm building up one of the inexpensive Glock slides from Brownells. I bought one with the RMR cut and plan to buy an RMR at some point, though not in the immediate future. Therefore, I need sights. Once I have the RMR, I intend to use that rather than sights, so co-witnessing is not a major concern. At some point, the slide may be used for a Polymer80 build. The completed gun will only be used as a range toy, spare, and to experiment with the RDS concept.

I have Ameriglo Cap sights on my carry G19, so it kind of makes sense to get those, but as I said above, once the RMR goes on, the sights will be surplus. As a result, I'm leaning heavily toward the Glock plastic sights.

Am I missing something? Will the factory height sights interfere with the "sight picture" through the RMR? Does a set of co-witnessed sights help or hinder accuracy (I find them beneficial on my AR, but that's because the rear sight peep sharpens the dot)?

Chris

Site Supporter
    If anything but a range toy I would want them as backup in case the rmr fails.

After the first day I thought it made zero difference, but I vaguely remember cowitnesssed sights being helpful right at first. Glock plastic would be tempting for a range toy. Would love to hear from someone who does training on rmr-equipped pistols on this subject.

Site Supporter
    Thanks.

Because this gun will need a different holster, I don't see it being pressed into service in the short to intermediate term. It's more to try out the RMR and to have an excuse to build up a P80 frame. If it were to go into service, I'd upgrade the sights (or remove the RMR as my carry gun doesn't have one).

Chris

User Tag List