Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock sight survey

Ameriglo FBI sights on the G19 (.140 front).

Trijicon HD-XR on the G17 (.125 front).

On both I split the bull at 25 yards (use the top of the front sight blade).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Ameriglo FBI sights on the G19 (.140 front).

Trijicon HD-XR on the G17 (.125 front).

On both I split the bull at 25 yards (use the top of the front sight blade).
    How do you like the HD-XR? I'd like to try a set but I've never seen a taller than standard front post offered. Our tight Gen 4s and so far Gen 5s would I fear impact high with the old standard dimensions.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm running Ameriglo Suppressor sights on my Gen5 G19 MOS. Front is tritium, rear is blacked out.

https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-Gloc...pressor+sights

POI with 147-grain American Eagle FMJ is about 1" over the tip of the front sight post at 25 and roughly drive-the-dot at 50.

POI with 124-grain S&B is right on the tip of the front sight post at 25.

I don't have POIs for defense ammo yet.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 01-14-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    How do you like the HD-XR? I'd like to try a set but I've never seen a taller than standard front post offered. Our tight Gen 4s and so far Gen 5s would I fear impact high with the old standard dimensions.
    Honestly, I'm mixed on the HD-XR. I very much like the high-vis front sights. However, I think the rear notch is too wide on the HDs - especially with the newer XR front. Still, they've been well regulated for me.

If you need more sight height options, Wilson Combat has introduced some new thin Ameriglo front sights in .230 and .245. On my G34 (a GEN3), I'm experimenting with the Wilson Combat/Vickers rear sight with a .245 height Ameriglo Pro-Glo front sight. I think the .125 front with the .145 rear notch on the Vickers rear is just about optimal.

I'd like to see the Agent or HD rears offered with a narrower notch.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-14-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I’ve tried the Ameriglo Bold .165 in height works at 25 yards and I switched to the CAP square front sight.
    My 26.5 has the .165 height CAP which matches well as above and I haven’t shot my 19.5 yet with the Glock sights it came with, most likely it will get CAP sights.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Honestly, I'm mixed on the HD-XR. I very much like the high-vis front sights. However, I think the rear notch is too wide on the HDs - especially with the newer XR front. Still, they've been well regulated for me.

If you need more sight height options, Wilson Combat has introduced some new thin Ameriglo front sights in .230 and .245. On my G34 (a GEN3), I'm experimenting with the Wilson Combat/Vickers rear sight with a .245 height Ameriglo Pro-Glo front sight. I think the .125 front with the .145 rear notch on the Vickers rear is just about optimal.

I'd like to see the Agent or HD rears offered with a narrower notch.
    Very helpful! I may try that Wilson/Vickers combo.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    OP. I’ve put Big Dots on all my Glock’s to date. Up to 25yds, hold on target. Lower a little past that.
    I don't know what "hold on target" means. Must be Big Dot lingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Their site photographs seem to show pretty sharp edges, but that could be my imagination. Does the rear sight wear on you or your clothes over time?
    More rounded with less rear razors edge undercut than HD's, that's for sure.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I don't know what "hold on target" means. Must be Big Dot lingo.
    How about "put the big white dot where you want the bullets to go and press the trigger", kind of like how you shoot a red dot.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    AKA - Drive the Dot.

It's also how I shot most of my Berettas.
    Last edited by JV_; 01-14-2019 at 12:22 PM.

User Tag List