Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock sight survey

Gen 5 Glock sight survey

Those of you shooting Gen 5 Glocks, would you please reply with what sights you’re using (heights and widths if you know them please) and what hold you’re using for hits at 25 yds (tops of blades, drive the dot, 6 o’clock, etc). Thanks!

I really wanted to use the Dawson Adjustable Tritium sights on these, but
    1. They’re going to require .360 high fronts to regulate and that’s too high for a couple reasons (holster compatibility and offset over distance)
    2. After carrying them IWB all day Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday I’ve got a nice cut going on my side, even with using an undershirt. No bueno.
    Last edited by ASH556; 01-14-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Anymore I go with short, fat, smooth, high visibility sights on my carry guns.
    Right now that's Night Fision.
    They are harder to wring the absolute best performance on paper/steel at the range than other taller, sharper, thinner, etc. sights, but they are way, easier to live with all day every day.
    Read some of Tom Givens voluminous data on civilian defensive handgun shootings and the difference between a 2" and a 3" group at 25 yards is Angels dancing on pinheads.

But don't listen to me, i've always been the guy who would have no problem carrying XS Big Dots.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    They are harder to wring the absolute best performance on paper/steel at the range than other taller, sharper, thinner, etc. sights, but they are way, easier to live with all day every day.
    Read some of Tom Givens voluminous data on civilian defensive handgun shootings and the difference between a 2" and a 3" group at 25 yards is Angels dancing on pinheads.

But don't listen to me, i've always been the guy who would have no problem carrying XS Big Dots.
    lol. I’ll say this though, the XS Big Dots rear sight is rounded like butter! They aren’t going to draw blood ever.

OP. I’ve put Big Dots on all my Glock’s to date. Up to 25yds, hold on target. Lower a little past that. They worked remarkably well! None are series 5 though. And of course, Big Dots aren’t adjustable.

Good luck.

19X has a set of Trijicon HD with a .245 tall front post. POI is just on the top of the post

G45 - Saturday I Frankensighted a set - combining the OEM Glock tritium rear sight with an AmeriGlo CAP front that was from a G43 set. The front of this set was the same height as the OEM Glock tritium front post. What I got was a .125 front so a bit thinner, somewhat wider light bars in the rear notch. POI looked like same as the Glock set or very close - right at or just above the front post at 25 yards. 147 grain HST hit a couple inches higher, 135 gr Critical Duty +P hit a bit lower light behind the dot. 124 grain HST right at or a skosh above the front post. I need to shoot them another time or two to decide if I stick with the combo.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

G19x #1- Dawson Chargers .225 x .125 rear, .225 x .105 With AE 124 I have to use a 6:00 hold on the black of a B8 at 25
    G19x #2- Ameriglo GL5113 Width .140 front .150 rear. I didn't see a published spec for height. Would have to measure. POI is top of sight post at 25 with 124 AE
    G19x RMR upper has Dawson tritium suppressor height sights on it. Stupid tall, like .425 x .125 front .395 x .125 rear. POI is top of sight post at 25 with 124 AE

Factory BOLDS.
    Impact top of post with 124+p or nato.
    My favorite Glock sights ever.

Dawson Chargers, .255F X.225R gives me “Drive the Dot”at 25 Yards with 124g AE.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Thanks for all replies so far. The other issue I'm seeing in shopping around is everyone seems to have gone to super fat fronts and super wide light bars (.140 fronts, .180 rears) or they slim the front to .125, but still leave wide rears. For the last 5 years I ran a TCAP front (.125) with a .150 notch rear and even then I'm finding that to have more slop than I'd like.

The Dawsons have .125 front and .125 rear notch and I like the tighter light bars. Additionally, the white ring on the front sight, but just tritium vials on the rears creates a great contrast that I find works just about like an HD or similar hi viz sight.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Their site photographs seem to show pretty sharp edges, but that could be my imagination. Does the rear sight wear on you or your clothes over time?

Re Fision sights - any feedback on how the blue works vs orange or yellow/green?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List