Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any S&W 3913 fans here

I have these two tucked away- a 3953TSW 9 Tactical and a 3914 DAO (Spec run for NYPD). Cool stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Deleted.
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-15-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Site Supporter

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    The 3913 variants are still some the best carry guns out there imo. No striker-fired nonsense

Anyone know which version 3913 this is?

Ok what about this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the top one definitely has the first-generation TSW notched grip. What's weird, is that this gun has a silver hammer... it would have been a black MIM hammer, in 1998 when the first-gen TSW was made. The 3913 TSWs also had ambi levers.

The second pic might be a 4040PD--the angle of the dustcover is slightly different than a 39XXLS/NL. The 4040PD was basically a 3913/14 chambered in .40, with a scandium frame.

I agree the bottom pic is of a 4040PD as the line of the dust cover gives it away. The 3913/3914 LS/NL dust covers flow into the trigger guard better than the 4040PD does.

[QUOTE=MattyD380;834231What's weird, is that this gun has a silver hammer... it would have been a black MIM hammer, in 1998 when the first-gen TSW was made. The 3913 TSWs also had ambi levers. [/QUOTE]

My belief at the time was that S&W was emptying parts bins to build guns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Any S&W 3913 fans here

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Yeah, the top one definitely has the first-generation TSW notched grip. What's weird, is that this gun has a silver hammer... it would have been a black MIM hammer, in 1998 when the first-gen TSW was made. The 3913 TSWs also had ambi levers.

The second pic might be a 4040PD--the angle of the dustcover is slightly different than a 39XXLS/NL. The 4040PD was basically a 3913/14 chambered in .40, with a scandium frame.
    You nailed it man. My pre-rail 3913TSW wears the flash-chromed trigger, sear, disconnector, and hammer from a 3913NL. The TSW was chopped down to a 7+1 at the factory and has squared off slide rails for a tighter slide-to-frame fit, along with a thicker barrel hood, and delayed unlocking for less felt recoil and faster follow up shots.

My 4040PD is a 7+1 .40 that is the same size as the 9mm version, and due to the use of Scandium alloy it is a bit lighter than the 3913NL when they both wear the factory delrin grips. It came from factory with thick rubber Hogues that I replaced with these lighter and thinner wood grips. It was actually the first semi-auto that S&W ever built with Scandium, but the cost was about twice that of a Glock, so they were only made for a couple of years. It’s a very soft shooter, and it brought me back to the .40 for carry

Both of these guns lineage goes back to the 9mm ASP pistol, which was a modified S&W model 39, and one of the finest concealed carry pistols ever produced. The ASP was later made by Devel as the Devel 9mm. They were carried by law enforcement, spies, and various alphabet soup agents all over the world. Smith and Wesson borrowed much from these guns to make the 3913. Yes, I’m a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mercs; 01-16-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Scandium single stack .40 that's a soft shooter? How does that happen? It's a nice looking gun, I like those wood grips.

Did someone say 4014?

Got one of those:

Name:  IMG_1059.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  51.4 KB

Bought it at a SoCal gunshow in 1995. I sent it back to S&W for night sights and a performance center trigger job after I got it. Came back with sights, but no trigger job.
    One of 550 or so made.
    Last edited by LtDave; 01-16-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Got one of those:

Name:  IMG_1059.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  51.4 KB

Bought it at a SoCal gunshow in 1995. I sent it back to S&W for night sights and a performance center trigger job after I got it. Came back with sights, but no trigger job.
    One of 550 or so made.
    Wow, cool. At first I thought was a black 4516 (4515?). But yeah... the single-stack, non TSW 40s we’re on the 45 frames. Alloy, right?

Some guys on the smith forum were converting those to 10mm. Which is dope, no doubt. But I don’t think I’d wanna put a lot of 10mm through one of those with the alloy frame.

Yes, alloy frame. At the time I bought it I was carrying a 4566 on duty and thought I’d carry the 4014 off duty. Never did. Shot it a few times, gun worked fine. Been a safe queen for quite a while now.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List