Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any S&W 3913 fans here

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I also had a 3913 about 20-odd years ago. It was a great little pistol in most respects, but the aluminum frame was getting the living hell beaten out of it prematurely (by the barrel)... I traded it for some flavor-of-the-month handgun and have been down on aluminum-framed pistols since then.

gn
    Last edited by gato naranja; 01-14-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Site Supporter
    I think a retro run of the 3913LS would sell. I shot them in classes way back when. However, they were the instructors. I had a chance to buy a LS cheap but couldn't (don't send your kid to an expensive college). I always laughed at how they had to make a NonLS for guys who thought carrying a LS meant that they were suspect in their equipment usage.

Make some more.

I had a 3913 years ago as well. Great gun but I couldn't carry it because it wasn't on the department's approved list so it got traded off. Pity they still don't make them.

My first CCW carry pistol was a 3953 DAO version of the 3913. Great little pistol.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

I bought one when they first came out as the PD had switched to the 5906 for a duty gun. I eventually bought another and for a time carried both off duty, one RH and one LH. I kept my original one but it doesn’t get out much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Top pic looks like a 3913 TSW short grip variant they made for a short while.

I still have a magazine for the one I used to own.
    Those 7 round mags are rare as hens teeth. The first handgun I ever purchased was a seven round TSW. For years it was my only handgun. I have no idea how rounds I fired in it and never remember a hiccup. Of course when I bought it wwb was $6 a box. Of course $6 was a lot to go an shoot more than once and awhile.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    I bought my wife a used 3913LS that I ran across in a LGS in middle GA about 10 years ago for a great price. I watch for 3913 mags and pick them up as I run across them. It is a safe queen (irony of a LS) because of our M&Ps and Shields but a very nice pistol.

I'd be first in line for an updated 3913 "M&P" with polymer frame, light rail & M&P2.0 grip texture.

ETA: I have no idea how the slide mounted decocker on a 3913 works but in my fantasy version it is Beretta 'G' style. Or even better, relocated somewhere on the frame.
    Last edited by ChaseN; 01-14-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    I'd be first in line for an updated 3913 "M&P" with polymer frame, light rail & M&P2.0 grip texture.

ETA: I have no idea how the slide mounted decocker on a 3913 works but in my fantasy version it is Beretta 'G' style. Or even better, relocated somewhere on the frame.
    Yes! I would be second!

I picked it up yesterday.. cost me a used Glock 36 .. But , I can always pick up a 36 .. I can't say that about a 3913LS

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 736
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  58.3 KB

This is a pic with my Glock 43 with a X2 extension, making them both 8+1

User Tag List