Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any S&W 3913 fans here

Any S&W 3913 fans here

Im hopeing to snag a 3913LS tomorrow... I once owned a 3913 back 20 or so years ago ... As I remember it was thin , and accurate... I have been looking for a 3913 LS or a NL for awhile now ... Hopefully I can post pics tomorrow night

I love my two 3913s. They are good shooters and carry easily, if S&W would still support them and parts were more available I would probably make the 3913 my primary carry platform. I think that S&W should revive them, I feel like there are quite a few folks out there looking for a TDA 9mm single stack and now that the p239 is gone, there's a big gap to fill. Maybe if these new slimline Glocks do OK S&W will take notice. I'm interested in the G48 primarily because it reminds me of a striker fired 3913.

Site Supporter
    3913LS was my first. Still liked it, but liked my 3913 better, and there was this lonely 28-2 I couldn't afford without selling something, so ... Still have my 3913 and 3953 and 4516-1. And I'd carry any of them anywhere tomorrow.

Site Supporter
    3913 (and variants) are great guns. Their primary drawback is they are out of production and the parts to keep them going as serious use guns are getting harder to come by.

I still have the 3913 that I bought within a month of them being released. It’s a great shooter, and I will always keep it. When the LS came out I swapped out the ambi decocker/safety with a single sided one, and when the grip warranty replacement came along I changed over to the grey grips on the theory that the gun in an IWB would be less noticeable against a white dress shirt if my suitcoat blew open (I was in a NPE at the time.)

I remember having running correspondence with Steve (last name?), S&W’s CEO at the time. One of the things I pushed hard for was a non-LS version of the “sport model” 3913. But, when the NL finally came out I was too damn broke to justify one! Some day I’ll find a clean example and add it to the safe, just because.

I really should find a new set of night sights for mine, they are deader than dog crap after almost 30 years.

Excellent guns with fantastic accuracy and reliability. I have over 20k rounds through mine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It's purely aesthetic, but I did not like the light color grips and the different frame angle of the NL/LS.

If S&W made a 3913 decocker only it would be "take my money" time.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Single stack craze

Funny is it that S&W had a compact “single stack” 9mm on the market 20 years before the genre became popular. Back then, everybody wanted the most cartridges that you could possibly shove in the gun. Sometimes I think we travel in circles. Revolvers anybody ? LOL.

The 3913 variants are still some the best carry guns out there imo. No striker-fired nonsense

Anyone know which version 3913 this is?

Ok what about this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top pic looks like a 3913 TSW short grip variant they made for a short while.

I still have a magazine for the one I used to own.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Top pic looks like a 3913 TSW short grip variant they made for a short while.

I still have a magazine for the one I used to own.
    Yup, I believe it was in 1998

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List