Thread: Surefire Masterfire + Safariland QLS

Surefire Masterfire + Safariland QLS

I picked up a Surefire Masterfire holster and compatible light for my nightstand pistol (eagerly awaiting the XH55G light/green laser).
    What I'm looking to do is occasionally user the Masterfire as a belt holster for some of our night matches and maybe the occasional USPSA match with my light equipped pistol (yea, an open class VP9, LOL).
    My primary use for the holster though will be to quickly attach/remove swap around between MOLLE webbing like my plate carrier, backpack, "go bag" etc. and then back to a belt setup.
    I know the Masterfire is Safariland screw pattern compatible so my question is... what's the best QLS setup for accomplishing this?
    Safarilands website is not helpful at all when it comes to what parts screw to what and how they interact.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

You just need the QLS fork.

Safariland makes two different fork systems specifically for holsters; the QLS and the MLS. They both accomplish the same thing but the forks themselves are not compatible with one another. The MLS is designed to be a "break away" system. (140 lbs IIRC). The QLS is more robust and will potentially hold body weight+. Pick the one that suits your needs. They're both compatible with their proprietary holster hole patterns.

The "tactical molle adapter" is a device that will stay threaded on your molle gear. You can then bolt the female side of the QLS or MLS system to that, the fork side to your holster and have a quick release system. The TMA is also designed to mount a holster directly to it, if you don't need the quick detach system.

TMA link:
    https://www.safariland.com/products/...e_adapter.html

Quick attachment system overview (to include the TMA). Watch the top video.
    https://www.safariland.com/products/...hment-systems/

User Tag List