Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metal holster clips

I'm finding the Raven metal clips absolutely disappear, and don't have the tab that clothes can hang up on. Being wider, on some holsters I only need one clip.

Downside, without the tab they are a pain to install/remove from the belt.
    Downside, they are not height adjustable.

Anyone have experience using the DCC behind the belt clips? How does attaching to the pants vs the belt affect carry comfort, access, shifting, etc?

Many thanks.

I just ordered some clips from concealment clips.com. Heard about them in the huge AIWB thread.

ETA: sorry didn't see that you were looking at overbooks.
    Last edited by Irelander; 03-05-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Anyone have experience using the DCC behind the belt clips? How does attaching to the pants vs the belt affect carry comfort, access, shifting, etc?

Many thanks.
    It didn't work for me with a gun (j-frame). It might work well for a knife or something else thin and light. I need something going over the belt to ensure proper support.

Chris

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm liking my new AIWB with the split loop, but I'm looking to reduce the overall thickness of the setup. One place where that could happen is the clip. I have the pull-the-dot soft loops on the mag carrier, and I think it's good for that, but I like the rigidity of the fixed clip on the holster. I have done a little searching and all the holster belt clips I can find seem to be clips, not loops. Basically, I'd like to duplicate the JMCK split loop setup in steel, so it's thinner. Nothing more, nothing less. Before I break out the tools and start making stuff, am I missing something? Is there something like I'm looking for that I can just go buy and haven't found yet?

@Tony Mayer
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm liking my new AIWB with the split loop, but I'm looking to reduce the overall thickness of the setup. One place where that could happen is the clip. I have the pull-the-dot soft loops on the mag carrier, and I think it's good for that, but I like the rigidity of the fixed clip on the holster. I have done a little searching and all the holster belt clips I can find seem to be clips, not loops. Basically, I'd like to duplicate the JMCK split loop setup in steel, so it's thinner. Nothing more, nothing less. Before I break out the tools and start making stuff, am I missing something? Is there something like I'm looking for that I can just go buy and haven't found yet?

@Tony Mayer
    What about the new DCC Monoblock Gear Clip?

Name:  Dccmono.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  50.5 KB
    --Jason--

Figured i should update. I installed them on my jmcust 2.0 when i got them. Absolutely awesome. Making a 5" 1911 so easy to conceal. I just need a t shirt.

Ive posted this before
    Name:  KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  74.5 KB

I just put a set on my bawidaman gotham but i need to find shorter screws.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

@Tony Mayer
    OlongJohnson, I am pretty sure I am the only game in town for the split loop. For a clip type, I think the new DCC Monoblock is going to be awesome. For a fixed loop system, the fixed soft loops can "adjusted" to fit your belt more snug (snugger, snugly?) and be slightly thinner than the split loop.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

The discreet carry clips on the jmck AIWB 2.0 are legit. They are extremely sturdy and take concentrated effort to take off. They are not at all like a normal clip and are super low profile. Absolutely love this set up and tony does a phenomenal job. Will post pics of the 2.0 for XCOMPACT when I get a minute.

I'll add that Tony's 1.5" spring steel clip is pretty stout too. If you need to take the holster on and off regularly, the spring steel clip may be a little more convenient than the DCC clips.

User Tag List