Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal holster clips

Metal holster clips

Which ones are recommended right now? It will be for a jmcustom aiwb that's currently using the plastic over hooks.

I've got some stuff in my cart with bawidamann right now so might try these. http://bawidamann.com/discreet-carry...-retrofit-kit/

Yes/no? Is $28 the going price for 2?

Discreet Cary Concepts clips are the latest standard.

I love them on my Velo and Gotham.

There's lots of designs depending on what your holster requires.

https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/HL...4%A2-c26960683

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Which ones are recommended right now? It will be for a jmcustom aiwb that's currently using the plastic over hooks.

I've got some stuff in my cart with bawidamann right now so might try these. http://bawidamann.com/discreet-carry...-retrofit-kit/

Yes/no? Is $28 the going price for 2?
    03RN, my thoughts and opinions on them. Right now, the DCC clips are the best clip/overhook on the market, be it steel or plastic. They offer the best security of any clip out there, are very thin, and probably the biggest pro to me, they fit the belt correctly and are sized to fit either 1.5" belts or 1.75" belts.The universal height ones (the ones we use) allow very small ride height changes. I am not a fan of a clip fitting all belts (oversized to fit 1.75 and 1.5) because it allows too much rotational movement of the holster and gun, which may be a bit more comfortable as it lets the holster move with you a bit(subjective for sure), but doesn't keep the grip in the exact same position for a more consistent draw. If there is a con to these clips, I think it would be more maintenance than plastic (not a huge deal) , and the finger tab can hang up on clothing a bit (training issue more than anything, and every clip out there that has a finger tab has this issue). And, they are not cheap, but you will always get what you pay for. I am still a fan of pull the dot loops personally, but if I ever move to a clip, these would be the ones I went to for sure. They work really well!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks, I'm going to give them a shot.

I'm really liking my JMCK 2.5 with the dual DCC clips

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

@Mirolynmonbro, would you mind snapping a photo se we can see how they fit?

I don't have a pic wearing it, but I could take one if that's what you wanted

Edit - I think this is the 2.0 not the 2.5

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 01-14-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    03RN, my thoughts and opinions on them. Right now, the DCC clips are the best clip/overhook on the market, be it steel or plastic. They offer the best security of any clip out there, are very thin, and probably the biggest pro to me, they fit the belt correctly and are sized to fit either 1.5" belts or 1.75" belts.The universal height ones (the ones we use) allow very small ride height changes. I am not a fan of a clip fitting all belts (oversized to fit 1.75 and 1.5) because it allows too much rotational movement of the holster and gun, which may be a bit more comfortable as it lets the holster move with you a bit(subjective for sure), but doesn't keep the grip in the exact same position for a more consistent draw. If there is a con to these clips, I think it would be more maintenance than plastic (not a huge deal) , and the finger tab can hang up on clothing a bit (training issue more than anything, and every clip out there that has a finger tab has this issue). And, they are not cheap, but you will always get what you pay for. I am still a fan of pull the dot loops personally, but if I ever move to a clip, these would be the ones I went to for sure. They work really well!

O3rn, this ^^^^^ X Infinity! I've used many clip on holsters and the one I'm using now is just superb. It's a JMCK with the DCC clips - everything Tony said here about these clips is right on the money. I know I'll never use anything else.

I ordered a set and the mag pouch is coming with one. Guess I'll try it out and see if I want to swap them out or buy another 6 for my 1911 and Beretta kydex.

I'm rotating between a Velo with the DCC clips and a JMCK 2.0 with PTD loops. I chose the DCC clips on the Velo because it was the latest greatest thing and we somehow think that next holster or belt is going to revolutionize everything and change our lives forever. Well... as clips go, they're the best I've ever used. Once snapped onto the belt, they're not coming off unless you want them off (and even then it was a bit of a job at first getting them off my belt).

Having said that, I haven't found them to do anything remarkable compared to the PTD loops.

User Tag List