Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Varilux X Progressive lenses

I consider myself lucky. My first pair of progressives viewed great the minute I walked out of the store with them. Years later, the Varilux were just more better in all ways with a ridiculous level of flexibility and definition.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The most difficult aspect of getting used to standard progressives for me was getting into that habit of looking "with my nose." The Varilux X are supposed to allow much more eye movement focus with less 'head on a swivel' action. I was nauseated for the first month or so.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I may have had an easier time with progressive and then Varilux because I've been super near sighted since I was a lad and had long worn strong prescriptions just to fix that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I couldn’t adjust to mine. Headaches and eye strain after a couple hours on the computer. Couldn’t drive with them on. Everything looked a little fuzzy. I gave them six months. Just switched to Varilux Physio and so far I like them much better. Everything is nice and clear and the middle of the lens works a lot better for computer work.

In all fairness it’s possible the the X lenses I had were not fit correctly to me. I like the new lenses enough that I can’t imagine the X lens being that much better.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I have progressive lenses. I like them. But if I am on the computer or reading, I just put on cheap reader glasses. I find readers so much easier to use. With my progressives I find I have to have my head in just the right position to read. With the readers I am not distracted with finding the right spot to focus with.

Site Supporter
    I am on my third day of wearing Varilux X after years of traditional multifucal. The Varilux X is absolutely superior for reading the computer screen, and about equal for distance viewing. The vast majority of adjusting to the lenses occurs very quickly, but I am finding that a couple of days of wearing them makes a difference.

I am looking forward to seeing how they work while shooting.

They are expensive, but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am on my third day of wearing Varilux X after years of traditional multifucal. The Varilux X is absolutely superior for reading the computer screen, and about equal for distance viewing. The vast majority of adjusting to the lenses occurs very quickly, but I am finding that a couple of days of wearing them makes a difference.

I am looking forward to seeing how they work while shooting.

They are expensive, but worth it.
    I found them magical for how everything presented in focus as fast as I could look at it ie sights, target etc.

But just one year into them, two pair; one clear, one sunglasses, I have no further use for them. Because . . . cataracts!

10 days ago I had my left eye done. Next day at my check up, I read the 20/15 line. Today at my week+ checkup, I read the 20/10 line. WTF????

Next week, my right eye gets the treatment.

Biggest surprise - 20/10. 2nd biggest, front sight from that eye does not look too bad at all. Good enough. Not a fuzzy blob at all.
    Last edited by JHC; 10-30-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I found them magical for how everything presented in focus as fast as I could look at it ie sights, target etc.

But just one year into them, two pair; one clear, one sunglasses, I have no further use for them. Because . . . cataracts!

10 days ago I had my left eye done. Next day at my check up, I read the 20/15 line. Today at my week+ checkup, I read the 20/10 line. WTF????

Next week, my right eye gets the treatment.

Biggest surprise - 20/10. 2nd biggest, front sight from that eye does not look to bad at all. Good enough. Not a fuzzy blog at all.
    Glad you got a good surprise and hope the other eye results in the same.

Unity Via Elite vs Varilux X?
    @GJM
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Unity Via Elite vs Varilux X?
    @GJM
    Not sure, as I have been using Varilux X clear, sun and progressive lenses with complete satisfaction since this thread started.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List