Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Varilux X Progressive lenses

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Oakley Crosslink
    Mine too. All black. More slimming.

Do you have a visual preference for the clear plastic?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Not sure if you’ll be able to answer this but...

Is there a preferred size frame/lense for the VX? I ask because I tend to like smaller lenses. Wearing Oakley Airdrop now but also like the Steel plate frames.

What I would really like is to have uncorrected 20/20 vision and not need any help reading close print. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to get that. I love contact lenses for distance vision, but they don’t work so well with close stuff, and in recent years, my eyes are often dry during the winter in the desert. A red dot helps with removing the requirement for seeing a crisp front sight, but there are many times I am carrying iron sights. That forces me into some sort of progressive lens as an all around solution to be able to see far, use iron sights, and read phone size displays.

The Varilux X progressive lenses are dramatically better than any progressive, single vision or single vision with a small bifocal glasses I have used. Besides lenses, I want glasses that are lightweight and will stay on my face in vigorous activities like running, hiking, shooting, hunting, and flying in rough air. These Oakley Crosslink glasses meet all my requirements, and the translucent color almost makes the frame disappear in my peripheral vision.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the review.

I wear multi focal contacts most of the time, but sometimes glasses are easier or better.

My previous glasses were Oakley frames w standard progressive lenses. Current are some other brand w standard progressives. Next pair will be Oakley w VX once I locate an optician around here that carries both.

@GJM

Just got my X glasses this afternoon. Wow, worth every penny.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @GJM

Still love mine!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I think I will try a pair of progressives. How are they for reading?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @GJM

Any trouble adjusting from standard linear progressives to the X?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Any trouble adjusting from standard linear progressives to the X?

None. I went from contacts, pop contacts out, slip on the V-X and it was love at first sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I think I will try a pair of progressives. How are they for reading?
    Working great for reading.

User Tag List