Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Varilux X Progressive lenses

Keep us updated if you don’t mind. I’m waiting to hear reviews before I commit to them for myself.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Mine arrived and so far very happy with them. Hiked, generally wore them, shot a red dot and iron sights, and they seem an improvement to current progressive lenses.
    Good to learn of these results. I am also interested in your continued experience for the next time I need new glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Mine arrived and so far very happy with them. Hiked, generally wore them, shot a red dot and iron sights, and they seem an improvement to current progressive lenses.
    Any observation about visual clarity? I think my Varilux Physio lenses are astounding in that regard?

How about focus flexibility shooting irons? Does the front sight look "decent"?

Most days shooting with my Physio pair, the front sight looks pretty good but not as crystal clear as with a good monovision contact set up with dominant eye dialed in for the front sight. However, I haven't seen this hurt slow fire precision nor speed shooting.

And the plus side for the glasses is the targets are quite clear whereas for my highly near sighted eyes, with the aforementioned mono-vision set up, the target gets blurrier and blurrier each year if I keep the front sight sharp through the prescription.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Another day of shooting a dot and irons with the new lenses. Pleased — they don’t make my eyes twenty years old again, but they seem an evolutionary improvement over my previous progressive lenses.

This morning, I flew a helicopter off airport with them, which is an environment that progressive and bi-focal lenses have not worked well for me in. The Varilux X lenses seemed an improvement and gave me sharper vision peripherally and without constantly shifting my head like with my previous progressive lenses.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yesterday, I did some direct comparing between the Varilux X, single vision (with a small lined bifocal at the bottom) and my non-Varilux progressive lenses. The Varilux X have a much greater sweet spot than current progressives, giving you sharper vision without having to move your head. They are much closer to single vision lenses for distance use than legacy progressive lenses.

Site Supporter
    Yesterday, I did some direct comparing between the Varilux X, single vision (with a small lined bifocal at the bottom) and my non-Varilux progressive lenses. The Varilux X have a much greater sweet spot than current progressives, giving you sharper vision without having to move your head. They are much closer to single vision lenses for distance use than legacy progressive lenses.
    I appreciate having this information, and at this point I intend to look for these next time I need new glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I continue to be thrilled with these lenses — for shooting, flying and life. I enjoy putting them on and like them more than any glasses I have worn.

Name:  A937B356-0EE3-445D-9471-8FFBEB53BFC8.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  70.9 KB

@GJM, what frames are those?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I continue to be thrilled with these lenses — for shooting, flying and life. I enjoy putting them on and like them more than any glasses I have worn.
    It is interesting that the glasses look smooth. I would have thought that the hexagon pattern
    with the different distance focuses would be more visible in the glass. The glasses look like
    other prescription glasses with a smooth lens.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @GJM, what frames are those?
    Oakley Crosslink

User Tag List