Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Varilux X Progressive lenses

Can they do these in trifocal...?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I have an appt with my optometrist next week. He does not carry the Varilux lenses but a local optician does. How does this work? Will the prescription he provides work with the varilux x lenses if I take the rx to the optician? I am mildly near sighted (lasix about 20 years ago), with a slight astygmatism in my left eye and recent presbyopia due to aging. I'm having trouble seeing tennis balls and targets at distance but have no trouble focusing on iron sights and tennis balls close up. My regular progressive lenses are set up for reading and distance and are not helpful for either activity. Interestingly, I think the distance to the tennis racket head and the pistol front sight is fairly close, I'm hoping a can get one pair of glasses for sporting activities that will improve distance and peripheral vision and not affect my near vision. Should I tell my optometrist anything in particular? Bring a racket and pistol to the appt?

Everyone still satisfied with the Varilux X progressives? Any problems develop over the past year?

Time for my new glasses. I'm still very interested in these.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I am also due and quite interested in some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Everyone still satisfied with the Varilux X progressives? Any problems develop over the past year?

Yes, very satisfied.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post

Still thrilled out of my mind with them. No malf's across 12.8 million looks!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Still getting used to. Sometimes lose depth perception and get blurry sight when looking through a wrong part. Dry fired some,seems ok, but haven't shot a match.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Still getting used to. Sometimes lose depth perception and get blurry sight when looking through a wrong part. Dry fired some,seems ok, but haven't shot a match.
    I believe you are comparing the Varilux to single vision lenses, where most of us are comparing the Varilux to legacy progressive lenses.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I'm trying progressives right now and can't stand them. Blurry vision, too small an area where what I'm looking at is in focus and after a little while, a headache. For me, they're not working and I'm going to pull the plug and take advantage of the 30-day non-adapter return policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I'm trying progressives right now and can't stand them. Blurry vision, too small an area where what I'm looking at is in focus and after a little while, a headache. For me, they're not working and I'm going to pull the plug and take advantage of the 30-day non-adapter return policy.
    They told me it would take two weeks to get used to them. Nearly a year later I still feel relief when I take them off. (Standard progressives)

User Tag List