Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another view of SHOT Show oddball volly-volver

Site Supporter
    That side of me that enjoys shooting and experimenting with oddball guns says that this new twice boom .22 Mag would indeed be interesting to shoot. First, I'd wish to determine how far apart the two barrels hit at various ranges. Why? Just because. I bought a Governor to experiment with and still have it because no one else will buy it. I admit that I like this revolver but can't give anybody else a good reason to buy one. Back to the .22 Mag revolver in question. Can we assume that being hit simultaneously with two .22 Mag bullets will incapacitate whereas one hit might not? I say that we have little or no data to support an assumption saying yes or no.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    That would work too!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    That side of me that enjoys shooting and experimenting with oddball guns says that this new twice boom .22 Mag would indeed be interesting to shoot. First, I'd wish to determine how far apart the two barrels hit at various ranges. Why? Just because. I bought a Governor to experiment with and still have it because no one else will buy it. I admit that I like this revolver but can't give anybody else a good reason to buy one. Back to the .22 Mag revolver in question. Can we assume that being hit simultaneously with two .22 Mag bullets will incapacitate whereas one hit might not? I say that we have little or no data to support an assumption saying yes or no.
    One of the odd things is that Standard Manufacturing is pushing one solid and one of shot! Read their ridiculous statement at the bottom of this ad:
    http://store-jxztkc.mybigcommerce.co...yer%20v8.1.pdf
    Last edited by sharps54; 01-14-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typos

Site Supporter
    Google revealed that this outfit has produced more than one weird product, and if I read correctly, the owner has been associated with a high dollar shotgun manufacturing(or importing)company. I can't help but wonder who the investors are. One blurb said that the company is for sale. Now I feel better about my "tried and true" Governor which makes me less fudd like than Taurus Judge owners.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Can we assume that being hit simultaneously with two .22 Mag bullets will incapacitate whereas one hit might not?
    Why would it be any different then being hit twice with a pause?

The handheld flash-bang effect will likely be enhanced so a psychological stop might be influenced, but I'll still be avoiding .22 handguns of any sort for protection from anything that'll survive a rat trap.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Why would it be any different then being hit twice with a pause?

The handheld flash-bang effect will likely be enhanced so a psychological stop might be influenced, but I'll still be avoiding .22 handguns of any sort for protection from anything that'll survive a rat trap.
    But the ad said the .22 Magnum shotshell will provide “a curtain of protection” while you fire the last three volleys of bullets which give you “thunderstruck firepower”, surely that has to be up there with the .410 shotshells as the last word of stopping power!

Edit to add the speed it can be fired, eight rounds in three seconds! What other pistol could equal that?!

Sorry. I just think the ad is hilarious. I’ll go back in my corner...
    Last edited by sharps54; 01-14-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    The 22 mag shot shell was like a flash bang when I fired one from my 1 5/8 NAA mini. Also, NAA used to advertise using shotshells in the gun to hit the BG in the eyes (as in a car hijack close up).

I did fire my gun at a B-27 at about 5 yards with shotshells and the pattern covered it from the bottom edge of the black form to the top of the head.

One problem with advertising a blinding shot is that, if you use force - trying just to blind someone might not be justified. If it is a lethal attack, you use a lethal possible firearm. So there were force continuum problems. Next, studies of opinion find that:

1. People think blinding is worse that a survivable regular bullet wound. Blinding is forever and terribly disabling as compared to the usually survivable hole.
    2. This was one of the reasons that specific blinding laser weapons were banned internationally.

Given this thread, I was motivated to put my NAA 22 S in its little holster and take it out as a BUG. Just because.

If there was a lightweight alloy version of the 642 with the good XS front sight and shrunk down just big enough to hold 5 rounds of 32ACP that came in just under or around 10 ounces I’d be on that like a duck on a June bug. I’d stuff 5 rounds of the new Underwood hotness in it and into the front pocket it would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting for Ruger to come up with a quality, updated version of the Confederate LeMat revolver....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver

Just think: In one revolver, you could single-handedly encompass the modern revolver user, the wilderness user, the history aficionados, and the derp/bubba market (take that, Judge/Governor!).

Tom will probably wack on me now...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Johnny Ringo TV show. He would shoot out the supposed number of rounds from the cylinder and the BG would then mock him. Flipped the lever and smoked said BG.

User Tag List