Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec KS7

If they bring this out in 20 ga., I can see Mrs. Drang getting herself a pump...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I thought it was fine. It was just as smooth as any of the 870s or Mossbergs on display.
    Awesome! That's just what I was hoping to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I briefly handled the KS7 at the Kel-Tec booth today. Despite suspecting that a bull pup 12 gauge might be a terrible idea, I didn’t completely hate it.
    I don't completely hate the ksg.

I also don't completely trust it.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    True...couldn't eject straight down anymore. It could be made reversible in a fashion similar to the AUG.

As it is configured reloading the chamber in a hurry is going to be a bitch on stilts because all the action happens behind your dominant hand's grip on the gun. The Ithaca 37 has the same downward ejection, but it's easier to close the action and get another shell in the tube to rack in when the loading gate is in front of you.

Of course, if I had to use one as it sits I'd put an extended magazine tube on it. Not for the extra capacity...just to have something that will physically block my hand from getting up around the muzzle should it lose traction on the forend. Like I've said about the Remington Tac13, they should ship this thing with a tourniquet.
    I removed my shockwave strap as soon as I got it but a +1 or 2 would be perfect on this. On the shockwave I grip all the way to the rear of the fore-end. On the ksg it's closer to the front.

Site Supporter
    My concern would be the company's reputation for shipping defective products. They were always nice to me. Another observation is that their customer service department gets much practice.

Site Supporter
    Any updates or experiences with these?

Got to fondle one last month.
    Neat, but one suspects it's a bit of a toy.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Any updates or experiences with these?
    I haven't seen this specific model in class yet, but I have had a few of the double mag tubed guns in class. They didn't work so good.

I'd sooner have the single tube model because it's probably going to be more reliable, but nothing I've seen out of the Kel-Tec shotguns has made me even slightly interested in buying one.

In the recent Shotgun 360 AAR modcast one of the participants in the class was on and he discussed his various issues with it:
    3/15/2016

Bump, and wondering if anyone has had a chance to really run it yet.

I really want this to be a pulsating ball of suck and fail so I can stop thinking about getting one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Bump, and wondering if anyone has had a chance to really run it yet.

I really want this to be a pulsating ball of suck and fail so I can stop thinking about getting one.
    I felt the same way about the RDB; I loved it on paper and was scared it would suck in reality. I stumbled into one for a screaming deal and couldn't help myself, but I've been pleasantly surprised by it so far (~400 rounds)

I hope the same thing happens with the KS7, I really do.

User Tag List