Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec KS7

Some preliminary videos coming out from SHOT.

This one was the best, I've cut to the point where he's actually racking and shooting the shotgun, as we've already covered the features and price:

https://youtu.be/MBONDI1pRrs?t=297

The pump action looks notably smoother then what we've seen with the KSG; it looks comparably smooth and easy to a normal 500/870 action. So the risk of short stroking seems greatly mitigated / eliminated.

Recoil, however, is brisk, as might be expected from a 5.9lb 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    https://iwi.us/product/tavor-ts12/

A buddy of mind has had very good luck with Tavor rifles. Very interested in seeing how this pans out.
    I think they should take a hint from the KS7 - that thing looks bulky as hell.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    This is probably the one shotgun that makes more sense as a mag-fed shotgun. Since you can't throw an emergency load into the chamber in its current form anyway, setting it up to run from a magazine isn't really sacrificing anything.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-23-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    3/15/2016

In the immortal words of @Tom Givens, isn't it supposed to be "BOOM-chuck-chuck-BOOM"?

Not "Boom. Fiddle-****, fiddle-****, fiddle-****....."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I briefly handled the KS7 at the Kel-Tec booth today. Despite suspecting that a bull pup 12 gauge might be a terrible idea, I didn’t completely hate it.
    Thats good news.

How did you find the pump action to be? Was it fairly smooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I briefly handled the KS7 at the Kel-Tec booth today. Despite suspecting that a bull pup 12 gauge might be a terrible idea, I didn’t completely hate it.
    Doesn’t seem like the worst idea for a compact bedside gun with more whump than a pistol.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    This is probably the one shotgun that makes more sense as a mag-fed shotgun. Since you can't throw an emergency load into the chamber in its current form anyway, setting it up to run from a magazine isn't really sacrificing anything.
    Yeah, a 4 or 5 round mag in the gun, whatever would match the length of the pistol grip, really wouldn't make the gun any bulkier and you could back it up with an 8 or 10 round mag and have another mag with slugs if you need them. I'd be down for that.

The drawback would be it couldn't eject straight down. So how do you set the gun up to eject somewhere else and be able to switch shoulders on the fly?
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 01-23-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    The drawback would be it couldn't eject straight down. So how do you set the gun up to eject somewhere else and be able to switch shoulders on the fly?
    True...couldn't eject straight down anymore. It could be made reversible in a fashion similar to the AUG.

As it is configured reloading the chamber in a hurry is going to be a bitch on stilts because all the action happens behind your dominant hand's grip on the gun. The Ithaca 37 has the same downward ejection, but it's easier to close the action and get another shell in the tube to rack in when the loading gate is in front of you.

Of course, if I had to use one as it sits I'd put an extended magazine tube on it. Not for the extra capacity...just to have something that will physically block my hand from getting up around the muzzle should it lose traction on the forend. Like I've said about the Remington Tac13, they should ship this thing with a tourniquet.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-23-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

Of course, if I had to use one as it sits I'd put an extended magazine tube on it. Not for the extra capacity...just to have something that will physically block my hand from getting up around the muzzle should it lose traction on the forend. Like I've said about the Remington Tac13, they should ship this thing with a tourniquet.
    Yeah I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a hand strap like on the Shockwave and another ~4" of barrel and mag tube.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Yeah I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a hand strap like on the Shockwave and another ~4" of barrel and mag tube.
    Kel-Tec mentioned they will be making extended tubes and barrels for it.

I'm really hoping for a 24" barrel with a +2 mag tube, to bring the gun to 9+1 with a 32" OAL, the same length as a 20" AUG.

I think that would be the perfect blend of compactness and shell capacity.

User Tag List