Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec KS7

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I would love a reliable semi-auto bullpup shotgun... made in Italy.... by Benelli or Beretta.
    I'm with you there. But I will say the upcoming Tavor is promising

Take a scatter gun class with a guy who knows what he's doing and he'll show you how to shorten the length of a real shotgun, no derpy Kel Tec required.

The KS7 is now live on Kel-Tec. MSRP is confirmed at $495, which is 1/2 the the current MSRP for the KSG.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/shotguns/ks7

And TFB did a preliminary video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTqkI2jOPQ

Most notable from the video, the new KS7 has a much smoother pump action then the original KSG, making it less susceptible to short stroking.

Also, the carry handle is confirmed as removable, and can be replaced with a picatinny rail.

And from this video, the KS7 appears capable of cycling Aguilla mini shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh9AguVzdP8

I would love a reliable semi-auto bullpup shotgun... made in Italy.... by Benelli or Beretta.
    I don't know about reliable, but Collector's has an old High Standard Bullpup 12ga available.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's a lot going on with that shotgun, and all of it looks to be as dangerous to the shooter as it is to the shootee.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

There's a lot going on with that shotgun, and all of it looks to be as dangerous to the shooter as it is to the shootee.
    I remember reading about those in one of those old 1980's era gun books.
    Wonder if any of the old timers here have any experience with them?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Cool

TTAG / Oleg Volk also just published this photo, showing the "KS12" - I'm making that name up - but its the KS7 using the 12+1 extended mag tube from the KSG25, along with a 30" barrel.

I think it looks really cool:

This is where you really notice the length savings with a bullpup:

Shockwave 14" / 5+1 = 26.1"
    KS7 18.5" / 7+1 = 26.1"
    590 18.5" / 6+1 = 39.5"

KS12 30" / 12+1 = 38"
    500 28" / 6+1 = 47.5"

So the KS7 is the size of a Shockwave, while featuring a stock +2 extra rounds, while the "KS12" is 1.5" shorter then a standard 18.5" shotgun, while holding +6 rounds

Now just to pray that these are actually reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post

Now just to pray that these are actually reliable.
    That's the rub. I may get one as a toy, then sell it in a year or two at a loss and with much regret for having bought it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    That's the rub. I may get one as a toy, then sell it in a year or two at a loss and with much regret for having bought it in the first place.
    Or, it could work great.

The reason I'm so excited for the KS7 is that its a conventional, single tube pump action shotgun, similar to the Ithaca 37. So there's really not too much to screw up / cause unreliability issues.

The primary causes of malfunctions with the KSG were the angled feed of the dual magazine tubes, and the hard to rack action causing short stroking. Both of those potential issues are absent with the KS7.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm with you there. But I will say the upcoming Tavor is promising
    https://iwi.us/product/tavor-ts12/

A buddy of mind has had very good luck with Tavor rifles. Very interested in seeing how this pans out.

User Tag List