Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darryl visit

So today I see this in traffic. Note my manly Wrangler rental.

Name:  86571BED-60CC-4D21-BD1C-CBE7FB3C03E2.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  49.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Darryl was in a rental car, think it was a Kia.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    <shudder>
    Darryl said the Kia was very Raptor-like for a sh..box.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Too late to edit. OK, this was a Hyundai....

There is another possible explanation — Darryl’s coaching.
    Slow Down! Was the extent of my coaching. GJM has a hard time shooting a 100% Test....because he could not slow himself down from shooting high 90’s in like 5-6 seconds. He beat me at the Super Test by 1 point....and shot it in half time. My awesome coaching was “Okay, pretend you are shooting the 1” square drill at ten yards....just do it on a B8 bull. Bingo.....10 X’s.
    I always learn a TON from shooting with GJM and Charlie. He has truly mastered the red dot stuff and it was a solid experience to watch him work at disturbing level speed. We got a laugh because unlike many of the “all about the speed” folks, GJM is able to do it accurately. I was laughing though because he is like a little kid. We shot hard for four straight hours and GJM was saying “just one more drill” or “Let’s try this last thing” over and over. Charlie literally took his timer away to make him quit. Charlie was hurt and shooting support hand only so I could at least hold my own with her. Overall, killer day on the range. My wife got a ton out of watching both George and Charlie shoot. Seeing technical precision is a good balance for what she sees us do with the “use of force tool” program with HiTS versus pure serious shooting. Sadly, a plumbing emergency at our place prevented a second session. GJM and I went from fighting like old women on P-F to us talking almost daily. It has been a fun relationship to develop.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 01-15-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List