Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG XVTAC and X Compact

Site Supporter
    I just want one of the compact X frames to put on a P250 .22 LR.

With the adoption of the M17/18 I am sure someone will eventually come out with a .22 LR conversion but who knows when.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-31-2019 at 02:28 PM.

I went to the club today to see if they had an X compact in stock. They said, "No, but the Sig rep was here with one yesterday". Figures.

For an off-duty gun, I really like the compact frame with the full size slide. With the standard module there is no gap between the slide and the dust cover. I've seen pictures of the X-Compact with a full-size slide and they shortened the dust cover so now there is a gap.

Really?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

They seem to have made the frame so that it will work with a subcompact slide. That means it will have a gap with the fullsize slide, and it might not fit an X300-size light. I'm waiting to get my hands on one to confirm that, but it would be a typical Sig move if they made the rail too short to take a standard light.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    They seem to have made the frame so that it will work with a subcompact slide. That means it will have a gap with the fullsize slide, and it might not fit an X300-size light. I'm waiting to get my hands on one to confirm that, but it would be a typical Sig move if they made the rail too short to take a standard light.
    It is supposed to work with the sub compact or compact slides.

Got to handle the X compact... you will like it. G19 size grip in the hand.

Here it is compared to the X Carry

For me, the real kicker was the grip size. Both frames shown are considered medium diameter and are marked “M” on the backstrap. But the X Compact is called a “fastback” I think. Anyway, it really changed the feel and I liked it. A lot.

Notice in the yellow circle, the beaver tail is a bit different. And it feels a little higher, but not by much.

Here it is with a G19 for size comparison. X Compct/G19/X Carry.

Hope you found this helpful. I think it will be a hit. I want to buy just that frame for my 320. We put the X carry slide on the X Compact frame, and it stick out about a half inch, and looked and felt perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

[QUOTE=Gadfly;867105]Got to handle the X compact... you will like it. G19 size grip in the hand.

Notice in the yellow circle, the beaver tail is a bit different. And it feels a little higher, but not by much.

Was able to handle and shoot one these myself the other day. I was very impressed with it overall. It is very obvious this pistol was built to compete directly with the 19MOS guns.

The beavertail area of the XCompact is much, and I mean much better than the standard X Frames. With the area circled above in yellow radius a bit, you can get much closer to the frame, which for me provided a noticeable increase in control as compared to my Pro Carry and X carry guns.

I was also able to check duty holster fitment, and the X compact fit perfectly in the my current Safariland 6360 and 6378 ALS holsters.

One a side note, when I spoke to a Sig rep I knew, I commented on the profile in the beavertail area of the X compact frame, and said I wished Sig would change this on the X frame and asked if this is something they might do on the new X frames?. I was told "no official comment" with a chuckle. With that I expect a new revised X frame to be showing up soon.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Did anyone happen to try a standard sized (TLR 1 or X-series) light on the X Compact grip module?

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Did anyone happen to try a standard sized (TLR 1 or X-series) light on the X Compact grip module?
    X300, TLR-1, and APL all don't fit my X Compact unfortunately.

Really? So our only option is to get a Full-size X-grip and cut it down for the price of an arm and a leg?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List