Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: SIG XVTAC and X Compact

My Compact RX with the X Compact grip module.

Note the slightly shorter dust cover. I like the more 1911-ish look but have to wonder if an X300 or TLR-1 will fit. I don't think it will. Is mounting a full-sized WML an important feature for a compact?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-11-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    My Compact RX with the X Compact grip module.

Note the slightly shorter dust cover. I like the more 1911-ish look but have to wonder if an X300 or TLR-1 will fit. I don't think it will. Is mounting a full-sized WML an important feature for a compact?

Nice! Do you have a source for the X Compact grip modules, or did you just get the full X Compact and swap slides?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Nice! Do you have a source for the X Compact grip modules, or did you just get the full X Compact and swap slides?
    Looks like Top Gun Supply has them:

https://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sau...ium-black.html

On a separate note, I was considering a X5 for a carry optics gun. Both the standard (non -FDE) full size X5 and the X-Carry have disappeared from the Sig website. Have these been discontinued?
    Last edited by EricP; 05-11-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Proven Outfitters should have them in stock. I bet Osage County will have them too.

Site Supporter
    Proven Outfitters should have them in stock. I bet Osage County will have them too.

Osage has them - just ordered one from them.

Since my wife started shooting an X5 in Carry Optics, I ended up with one, which led to a companion carry pistol in the form of the X Compact. This pistol is an awesome shooter, right out of the box without mods. Sights were zeroed for me at 25 yards. Very comfortable to shoot. The most surprising thing, is I can draw the X Compact from concealed AIWB, literally from the first draws, as fast or faster than any other pistol ever from AIWB, regardless of how much more experience I have with other pistols. All the more surprising, since my daily practice is OWB, and I have done maybe 100 AIWB draws total in the last three or four months.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sig has stumbled onto something really great with the 320, especially the X-Series. We joke that you can't buy skill, but I find them easier to shoot well than anything else out there. So much so that I kept acquiring them through Dropgate. It would be if Sig hadn't screwed us so royally on the 320 issues. I still can't recommend them with a clear conscience to anyone, but I am enjoying the heck out of my small sample.

Sig has stumbled onto something really great with the 320, especially the X-Series. We joke that you can't buy skill, but I find them easier to shoot well than anything else out there. So much so that I kept acquiring them through Dropgate. It would be if Sig hadn't screwed us so royally on the 320 issues. I still can't recommend them with a clear conscience to anyone, but I am enjoying the heck out of my small sample.
    ***It would be *great* if Sig hadn't screwed us so royally on the 320 issues.

I ordered my X Compact frame 2 months ago. It was back ordered and just arrived yesterday from Proven Outfitters. So it is in stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Springer Precision is developing plates for the new 320 models, including models that have a slot for a rear BUIS. I believe the model 247 is for the RMR and has the slot behind.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List