Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: SIG XVTAC and X Compact

I suspect a proprietary weapons light/laser is or will soon be available from none other than Sig...

Please forgive me if this has been covered and I missed it, but will the X-Compact use the same 15 round magazines as the traditional Compact? I see the X-compact does not have the cutouts on the sides of the bottom of the grip, guessing probably not...
    Last edited by cornstalker; 04-09-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Effing Sig. That's what I was afraid of.

Before the compact X-series was a thing, I asked Alma Cole (@Alma) to cut down an X Carry module to subcompact size. The work was well done and very reasonably priced. I'm not sure that he is still offering grip work as a service, but it's perhaps worth a look if you want to chop down a grip module...and not sell a kidney to fund it. I haven't seen him on pistol-forum for a while, so it's probably best to reach out via Facebook:

Alma Cole's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AlmaColeShooting/

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Really? So our only option is to get a Full-size X-grip and cut it down for the price of an arm and a leg?

While I no have intention of running a laser or light on my X compact, I can see some folks frustration. There was a youtube video with someone mounting, an olight PL mini 2, 600 lumens. It was nice and small and looked really good. Just a thought

For the folks that want to run a standard type light on a smaller X carry, I have cut several down, both with magazines recessed like the standard frame, and with the grip cut straight like the X compact frames. It all depends on what the customer asks for.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I ran 100 rounds through an X Compact tonight. Nice little gun. The trigger was fine. Sights good. Very accurate and easy to shoot small groups with. I shot some doubles as fast as I could and the little gun tracks very nice. The new grip design fits great and handles well, although the beavertail did bang up my thumb knuckle a little bit. I was worried that it would be a little too close to the standard medium grip, but to me it felt about like the small grip frame in a standard P320.

Three things kept me from buying it on the spot.
    1. The old style magazines do not fit. I really don't want to have to buy all of my magazines over again.
    2. It does not fit very well in the traditional P320 holsters that I tried.
    3. I don't know that I wan't a DPP optics cut for sure.

I am not sure the X-Compact offers enough real improvement over the old design to make a change. I think the mags are the real hangup for me. Had they interchanged, I likely would have bought it.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 04-10-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I am not sure the X-Compact offers enough real improvement over the old design to make a change. I think the mags are the real hangup for me. Had they interchanged, I likely would have bought it.
    As I understand it, adapting the older design magazine to fit the X-Grip is a matter of sanding/filing the wings on the base pad into a taper. They will then lock in place, but the front curve of the base bad won't matcxh the curve of the frame perfectly.

Or $10 for each magazine:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-...oor-plate.html
    Last edited by BobRockefeller; 04-11-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Name:  IMG_5563.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  103.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_5561.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  34.7 KB

Got the email that my chopped frames are finished. Should have these by the time I'm back from vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Name:  IMG_5563.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  103.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_5561.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  34.7 KB

Got the email that my chopped frames are finished. Should have these by the time I'm back from vacation.
    Those look great!!

Shot them this afternoon while confirming my adjustments to one of the sights. Everything functions as expected, and as an added bonus the older Sig Sauer-marked mags (different baseplates) feed and function just like the Mec Gars. Sticking with the Mec Gar mags for carry though.

X Compact modules in stock:

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/sig-...ampaign=050919

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'm late to the party as usual, but I finally got to test drive the X compact, first thing that jumped out at me was the trigger, they've really got that part dialed in on this thing, man it is short, light and the reset although a little soft, is shorter than anything else I've felt out of the box including PPQ's.
    Ergo's on this grip are way better and more "organic" than the existing full size x frame, it's not a APX grip but it's good, also this frame gives you a little bit more angle than the standard non X frame so glock guys will appreciate that. It shoots like a P320 compact with a little more snap but I think the grip will give me [personally] a nice improvement in tactile feel over the standard 320 frame and current X frame, I hope they stick with this iteration and just make it longer for the full size. I think it's too small for optics so I may just put some XR's on it and call it good. No doubt at all this thing will disappear nicely anywhere on your body you choose to put it. I dont know how this pistol will do in the commercial market but LE is going to embrace this thing like a long lost friend.

User Tag List