Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG XVTAC and X Compact

Site Supporter

SIG XVTAC and X Compact

Name:  64BE401D-AAD6-4228-863E-C7815EC3119A.jpg
Views: 4806
Size:  29.5 KB

From Alam Cole via book of faces:

The P320 VTac is getting some upgrades that should improve its potential for duty use. The slide cuts are gone and an optic cut has been added. Unlike the other X guns, the optic plate leaves the rear sights and it is supposed to be cut for DeltaPoint Pro footprint. SIG is also going away from the barrel pretensioning, which required some break in on the guns I have tried and lead to some concerns about reliability. Other than this SIG has another P320 model called an X Compact that has a subcompact length slide and X grip cut to compact (15 round) length. That gun slightly reshapes the beavertail and has a few other positive changes as well.
    Name:  621F9FC3-3783-4529-95CD-77DE677EFF72.jpg
Views: 2497
Size:  46.7 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 01-11-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    The X Full

Name:  7D59C3FA-19E3-47F4-9C52-BE793F063CDB.jpg
Views: 2359
Size:  26.8 KB

I was just looking at the M17 earlier today. If it’s cut for a Delta point that may be the easy button for red dots.

What’s the deal with new P320s? Are they drop safe and good to go at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the vtac. I’m glad it has a regular rear plate. I hope they are available reasonably soon vice 6 months from now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I was just looking at the M17 earlier today. If it’s cut for a Delta point that may be the easy button for red dots.

What’s the deal with new P320s? Are they drop safe and good to go at this point?

I hope so, my Agency is getting ready to issue about 15,000 of them.

I would like to grope an X compact. Lots to like about it.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Does it really matter? Sig doesn’t deserve anyone’s business at this point. The only reason these government agencies are buying them is because they are the cheapest option that meets the standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    SIG’s 2019 catalog.
    Odd. The 45 is not listed as an optional caliber in the P320 pages. One of my guys has one and it is a shooter.

Right now my duty gun is an X-Five and my off-duty gun is a compact frame with full-size slide. I'd really like to get my hands on the X-Compact grip module and have both guns feel the same.
    Last edited by John Hearne; 01-12-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Odd. The 45 is not listed as an optional caliber in the P320 pages. One of my guys has one and it is a shooter.

Right now my duty gun is an X-Five and my off-duty gun is a compact frame with full-size slide. I'd really like to get my hands on the X-Compact grip module and have both guns feel the same.
    That's the first thing I noticed yesterday, when looking at the catalog. I have a P320 Carry .45 and love it. The P320 in .45 is still on the Web site under the full-size.

User Tag List