Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG XVTAC and X Compact

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I’ve been told that the factory X grip is more a medium to large size as opposed to a true medium. I’d bet on a smaller X grip coming out before a large.
    I do recall The length to trigger was the defining measurement per CS. If it were between med and large I would have bought one which leads me to think it was not more than the med module equivelant. However I haven't actually handled an x grip so maybe I should give that a try.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    We were to.d we would get a standard / med and large X carry grip and to have smal handed users user the sub compact grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They are supposed to make an X carry frame in size L for the DHS contract but we haven’t seen it yet. No idea if it will be available commercially.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I’ve been told that the factory X grip is more a medium to large size as opposed to a true medium. I’d bet on a smaller X grip coming out before a large.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    This. I'd be interested in a X frame...if it were available with the small circumference.
    Just talked with CS. The grip circumference on the x grip and the medium are the same.
    No knowledge at CS about the DHS contract and the Lg module. If you get them and you remember, I'd be interested in knowing.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

That frame looks really sweet, very thoughtful changes. I see this new X frame being the standard eventually.

Not to drift the thread but does anyone know if a Unity Tactical ATOM plate is compatible with a 320 slide? If so, what shop is recommended to add a plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Not to drift the thread but does anyone know if a Unity Tactical ATOM plate is compatible with a 320 slide? If so, what shop is recommended to add a plate?
    As far as I can tell, the ATOM system is only available for glocks.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Looks like the X Compact has been released into the wild. Anyone snag one yet?

Range report?

I sent two X Carry frames out for grip chops (15rd compact mags), beavertail reductions, and stippling. Given SIG's propensity for late releases, I didn't see myself waiting around for months on the X Compact. Should have the frames back once I'm home from vacation.

My two Pro Series guns will remain DPP footprint for now, though after talking with L&M, he thinks he can convert them to RMR fairly easily. Considering doing a direct mill RMR on the Compact upper I have.
    Last edited by ssb; 03-31-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I sent two X Carry frames out for grip chops (15rd compact mags), beavertail reductions, and stippling. Given SIG's propensity for late releases, I didn't see myself waiting around for months on the X Compact. Should have the frames back once I'm home from vacation.

My two Pro Series guns will remain DPP footprint for now, though after talking with L&M, he thinks he can convert them to RMR fairly easily. Considering doing a direct mill RMR on the Compact upper I have.
    I would love to see your frames when they come back, as well as hear how they work for you. Who is doing the work for you?

I went with Steady Grind Design. Prices are reasonable, work looks good. He quoted a 3-4 week lead time. I went with lava texture and omitted the trigger guard and frame flat stippling. He bevels the inside after chopping so you keep the mag well functionality.

User Tag List