Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger SP101 32 H&R

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Ive been watching for 432PD on gunbroker for a while and haven’t seen one pop up recently (at least when I have the scratch to pick one up). The LCR is probably the logical choice but I’m already invested in S&W J-frame support equipment. D’oh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The big issue with the LCR is the extra weight, especially in .22 Mag, compared to the J Frames as these are after all pocket guns.

I love my .22lr LCR and I’m intrigued by .32 HR mag in the platform. Has anyone got a link to any recent ballistic tests in .32 mag?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I love my .22lr LCR and I’m intrigued by .32 HR mag in the platform. Has anyone got a link to any recent ballistic tests in .32 mag?
    I’m hoping Lucky Gunner does some with their current pocket pistol series.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The .32 series of cartridges are probably the best revolver chambering, IMO, and under rated. I wish .32 had stayed as the standard instead of being over-taken by .38 Special. Especially with the .327 Magnum, there's so much versatility while giving you an extra round. I think about a 3" Model 19/66 chambered in .327 Magnum and get heart palpitations....what a gun that would be, if only the industry support were there.

Nice gun!
    I’ve said somewhere here before that if police service revolvers like the NY-1 model 64 k-frame had been made as a 7-shot .327 Fed back in the 80’s, with attendant ammo advances since then, there would still be some grandfathered in holsters today.

Only downside: the full-on .327 Fed is crazy loud in a short barreled revolver. Maybe not indoor AR loud, in absolute terms, but loud enough that if you have a twin sister, it’ll pop her cherry when you shoot it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    That's true. I said before I was surprised at the palm slap of a full bore 327 in my 632 SS J frame the first time I shot it. Not that I can't handle it but it wasn't a cream puff.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Seems like the GP100 six-inch half lug may be the best revolver for the .327 Fed. Half-lug the barrel to make it just right. Although I'd settle for a six-shot, six-inch SP101 in the chambering. Might even be more just right.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    http://www.black-hills.com/shop/new-...32-h-r-magnum/

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    One of my dream guns is a Smith and Wesson 16-4. I had to a chance to buy one a few years ago but I passed... they are going for 3x what i had a chance for.
    You mean like this? With the factory combats? Just ignore that 631 below it. 😁

Name:  D06C48F2-7DDB-4ED1-99F5-E9DCA2C8E18E.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  71.3 KB
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    That's what I use in my 432PD when I carry it. I'm sure the velocity is less than with a 6" barrel, but I haven't found any ammo that looks better for the H&R.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I picked up a 3" sp101 in .327 fed. primarily to shoot .32 mags with. No desire for the .327 but I have a dual cylinder Buckeye Blackhawk in .32 mag, 32-20. Put the 32-20 in the buckeye and shoot the .32 mags in the sp101. Good deal all the way around.

User Tag List