Thread: A Glock I might just buy..

A Glock I might just buy..

A G5 9mm, either a 19, 17 or the 45. Gotta have NS too. I've used the Gen2, 3 and 4 with no joy. No matter what I pulled them left despite my training as a revolver shooter. In addition when dry fired I got a muzzle shake upon release of the striker.
    But so far, every G5 I've tried in my LGS remained still during dry fire, so I may try one as a rental but it looks good. Not sure which one I want, I like the longer grip of the 17 but I like the size of the 19. Are there any handling qualities to the 45 that I should consider?

Put a snap cap in and I bet you don’t get this muzzle shake that you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    A G5 9mm, either a 19, 17 or the 45. Gotta have NS too. I've used the Gen2, 3 and 4 with no joy. No matter what I pulled them left despite my training as a revolver shooter. In addition when dry fired I got a muzzle shake upon release of the striker.
    But so far, every G5 I've tried in my LGS remained still during dry fire, so I may try one as a rental but it looks good. Not sure which one I want, I like the longer grip of the 17 but I like the size of the 19. Are there any handling qualities to the 45 that I should consider?
    The 45 is like that 19X in that the sights are combat style. You have to cover the target with the front sight, as opposed to the other factory sights on other models.

I have 10 Glocks from Gen 3 to the 19X, a 5 hybrid...

The key is making sure the grip fits your hand. You should experiment with the different back straps that suit your hold. If that doesn’t feel right, then Try a S&W M&P 2.0. That style grip suits more people because of the more oval shape rather than the rectangular shape of a Glock.

But out of the box, the Gen 5 has a smoother trigger.

I do recommend that you take up the pretravel on the pistol before the break. That will lead to more control and less shake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A Glock I might just buy..

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post

The key is making sure the grip fits your hand. You should experiment with the different back straps that suit your hold. If that doesn’t feel right, then Try a S&W M&P 2.0. That style grip suits more people because of the more oval shape rather than the rectangular shape of a Glock.

But out of the box, the Gen 5 has a smoother trigger.

I do recommend that you take up the pretravel on the pistol before the break. That will lead to more control and less shake.
    Having had an M&P, now Glocks, I’d say this is spot on.

I would add a VP9 to the option list. In terms of panel configuration (backstrap, left and right side) the HK is hard to beat, ergonomically.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-12-2019 at 07:19 AM.

User Tag List