Thread: Has anyone here put an optic on a Glock 43?

Has anyone here put an optic on a Glock 43?

I am just curious if anyone here as experience to share regarding mounting an MRDS on a Glock 43.

If so, pics?

I made a thread about this a while back, there’s pics in there.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....3-Trijicon-RMR

Since Dueck is forever out of stock on RBU’s for the Glock, it may be a while for me to try it out because it’s something I really want to see workout for carry. Fwiw, I recently found out that the M&P mounts can do the same with the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I made a thread about this a while back, there’s pics in there.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....3-Trijicon-RMR

Since Dueck is forever out of stock on RBU’s for the Glock, it may be a while for me to try it out because it’s something I really want to see workout for carry. Fwiw, I recently found out that the M&P mounts can do the same with the Shield.
    Missed that one. Thanks.

I’m actually flirting with the idea of putting a Shield RMSc on my 43. Initially using a plate that attaches to the rear sight, then having the slide milled if I like it.

Name:  glock-43-mount_smlweb-1000x739.jpg
Views: 3181
Size:  26.3 KB
    https://www.shieldpsd.com/wp-content...b-1000x739.jpg

From everything I’ve read so far, I get the feeling that the Shield RMSc is pretty reliable. It was reliable enough that Walther put it on thier PPS. But almost as “exciting” is, you might also be able to co-witness with a slightly higher front sight with the sight attached via the plate.

Again, from everything thing I’ve read, people with the sight system attached to thier 43s don’t find it cumbersome, or that it prints. But then you have to know that those who’ve done it, just put a sight nearly as expensive as thier gun on, and are probably a little bias lol.

Anyway, I’m not sure yet if i’ll Get the RMSc, or the XS F8’s. My 43’s slide is being ported right now. By the time it gets back, i’m possibly going to be enthralled with my nw 48 . But all said and done, if I could snap my fingers and poof, I’d have a red dot on my 43 with no financial burden, I’d do it.

Good luck!

I don’t even actually own a 43. Just seeing what is out there for that slide size so I can be ready to put an optic on my 48’s.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I don’t even actually own a 43. Just seeing what is out there for that slide size so I can be ready to put an optic on my 48’s.
    Is it the 21st yet?

Lol, have you handled a 48? I haven’t yet, but I suspect i’ll love it when I do. And then I’ll own yet another Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    Is it the 21st yet?

Lol, have you handled a 48? I haven’t yet, but I suspect i’ll love it when I do. And then I’ll own yet another Glock.
    Not yet. Gonna buy one, maybe two ASAP anyways. If I hate it they will be easy to sell off.

Hammertime
    Not yet. Gonna buy one, maybe two ASAP anyways. If I hate it they will be easy to sell off.
    Dibs!

Smart plan! Up until the new Glocks coming, I had thought about a RDS on my g43 because it shoots so well. But not being able to find a reliable extended mag was killing the deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want to see where this goes. A G43x or G48 with an optic could be very interesting.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List